A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mario Poon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mario Poon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Poon
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Poon Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mario Poon, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Poon graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Poon has 7 hospital affiliations:
- J. C. Blair Memorial Hospital
- Altoona Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mario John Poon MD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Mario J. Poon practice?
- Dr. Mario Poon has 1 office location.
Dr. Mario Poon practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Altoona, PA.
See Altoona Internists and Altoona Cardiologists.