Dr. Mario Tano Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mario Tano?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Mario Tano?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 12th, 2014

WORST practice I have ever been to! I made an appointment for my 14 month old with a Pediatric Gastro over two weeks ago (that's how long you had to wait to actually see the doc and not an intern). I got in just in time for my appt. at 12. They made sure to charge my co-payment ($300) within the first 10 min of getting there of course, yet, I waited OVER 2 hours to be seen! Absolutely ridiculous!!! After I reminded the nurse I was there an hour into waiting and still ignored I was livid. I walked out, asked for a refund, and made a scene. They offered to check the baby at that time and I refused. You're over scheduled?!? That's your problem! Not mine! Just as I respect the doc's time, I expect them to respect mine. No toddler should have to wait that long. A good doctor should be reflected by a good practice. To top it all, the check up room we waited so long in was dirty. With such a vast office staff you would at least expect a cleaner medical office. A very frustrating experience overall.

August 15th, 2013

mixed feelings need to overhaul office staff procedures

Impossible to reach his office. Was on hold for 45min. Dr. Tano is great but I can not get a follow up appointment until 2 months from now or forced to see his assistant instead of Dr. Tano. Tried to get a message to Dr. Tano and his staff just left me on hold and refused to leave him a message from me. Bad business. Dr. Tano you may be a Great Doctor but your staff is the Face to your practice and they are hurting it.

July 16th, 2013

parent

Dr. Tano is the most compassionate physician I have ever met. Not to mention the level of professionalism and expertise he brings to his patients.

June 12th, 2013

AMAZING!

DR TANO IS AN AMAZING AND CARING DOCTOR. HE TAKES AS MUCH TIME NEEDED WITH EACH PATIENT, WHICH IS FINE BY ME. WHEN ITS MY TURN HE SITS AND EXPLAINS EVERYTHING IN DETAIL. HOWEVER I WILL SAY, THE OFFICE AS FAR AS SECRETARIES AND THE ANSWERING OF THE PHONES IS HORRIBLE. WORKING IN AN OFFICE SETTING MY SELF, WE ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ANSWER BEFORE THE THIRD RING OR THE EVEN THE MANAGER STARTS COMPLAINING. BUT AT THIS OFFICE YOU GO THROUGH 10 AUTOMATED MACHINES BEFORE REACHING THE PROMPT YOU NEED, THEN IT RINGS FOR APPROXIMATELY 18-30 MINUTES BEFORE SOMEONE GETS TO THE PHONE. IM SAYING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE I WAS ON HOLD FOR 23 MINUTES THE FIRST TIME I CALLED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. BUT OTHER THAN THIS ISSUE DR. TANO IS AMMMMAAAZIIINGGGGGG ~!!!!!

April 29th, 2013

There is always an issue with the phones no one answers or the phone is busy one of the girls even told me they closed at 5 and when I called at 4:20 with the insurance information I was told by the switch board that they shouldn't be closed but if I was sent to them then I need to call back tomorrow. The customer service and phone issue has turned me off completely from this office I have found a Gastro elsewhere.

April 16th, 2012

Unsatisfied customer

First I will say the doctor seems to know what he is talking about and very professional. The problem is his office. The wait time to see the doctor last time I went was 2 hours. Their phone never works. You have to call 20 times in order to get someone, if you stand in front of their office window to talk to someone, I know they can see us, but they choose to ignore. Of course if you tap on the windoy they will not like it. I think they need retraining, answer their phone and try to be as prompt as possible on their scheduling. I find it very disrespectul to have a 3 year child there, both parents missing work for 2 hours.

April 13th, 2012

he's great.

October 5th, 2011

Dr. Tano's patient

I had the best experience ever with Dr. Tano. He cares about each and every patient and gives them the time of the day. He is fantastic with children and I like his theory.

January 19th, 2011

Great practice. Dr. Tano is very knowledgeable and his Nurse Practitioners are also the best.

May 2nd, 2017