Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Brilliant surgeon with impeccable bedside manner!! show details Brilliant surgeon with impeccable bedside manner!!
by Camille Popplewell on Jan 17th, 2015

Dr. Zucarello and God saved our son Samuel. Our son was involved in a horrific car accident that required emergency cranial surgery, as God was with us then and now, Dr. Zucarello was on call that evening. He performed an emergency craniotomy on him, and our journey to survival began. He was in such a critical state upon arrival to UC hospital immediate action had to be taken. Dr. Zucarello's bedside manner was impeccable, I was at ease with him in full control every step of the way. We were in ICU for a month then moved to Childrens hospital rehab to begin Sam's healing process. The bone flap surgery was scheduled and we were back at Dr. Zucarello's office and UC for the procedure. He now has his flap back on and is healing. When I tell you this man has incredible talent and bedside manner I am being honest. We are blessed that this man touched our lives, he not only saves lives, he brings his team to teach them, consoles the families and leads his diagnosis every inch of the way. I never had to worry about residents performing procedures with out Dr. Zucarellos lead, it simply doesn't happen. He is in full control and made me feel so very grateful and appreciative at his continued sacrifice that he gives to all of his patients. I have thanked him numerous times for his saving our son, and he humbly takes no credit for this miracle. I can honestly say that our family has grown to love the humbled man and brilliant surgeon that we affectionately call Dr. Z. The Popplewell family

I'm alive because of this Dr and God ( Moyamoya Patient) show details I'm alive because of this Dr and God ( Moyamoya Patient)
by Rhonda Susco on Sep 16th, 2014

Dr. Zuccerello performed two brain surgeries on me in 2005, when I was 41. I had no hope other than him, or traveling a far distance to other drs. Especially since this illness is so rare. He is some spoken and treats you kindly. In 2012, I had little hope again, as I slipped into a coma after a brain bleed. He and his team took care of me in the hospital in Cincinnati. I recovered in days. I can't thank him enough.

Simply The Best ! show details Simply The Best !
by Patti D on Mar 19th, 2014

Dr. Zuccarello is without a doubt 'the best'! In my opinion there are not enough complimentary adjectives to describe him.. .He is compassionate, a great listener & in my & my husband's opinion one of the best neurosurgeon in the entire tri state area. His staff emulates his dedication to his patients. I say prayers of thanks every day for him & how blessed I was that he was able to perform my surgery!

He saved my life show details He saved my life
Jul 22nd, 2011

I was having exhaustion,depression and headaches for years. It was only when I started having vision problems that I got worried and went to the doctor. I had migraines all my life as I have chronic allergies. My opthomologist did an MRI and he found a miningioma. Dr. Zucarello removed it. I woke up feeling energetic, joyful and I can smell again. My relationship is happy with my husband again, no more detachmnt. Dr. Z has changed my life. It is fantastic. He is my HERO. He is a very humble man and said I am the hero for working with children. I recommend Dr. Z to everyone.