Dr. Mario Zuccarello MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Cincinnati, OH

• Good
  • Bad

December 22nd, 2015
Thankful. It's just that simple. Thankful to have a great Dr in the region. Thankful for his knowledge and patience and steady hands. Dr Zuccarello saw me on very short notice. He spent nearly 2 hours with my wife and I explaining what my acoustic neuroma was and how it got there and why I was having the problems I was. He was blunt in telling me I would lose my hearing but keep my facial functions. He got me in to see Dr Samy with only 2 hours notice. I could not be more thankful for this man. He spent 8 hours inside my head. I am 6 weeks post op and I feel good. I'm not back to normal but I tell you I would do it again if I knew it would be the same team of surgeons. A++ rating.

May 10th, 2015
Miracle-Worker!
This doctor is simply one of the very best at what he does. His calm, professional demeanor set my family at ease, even in the most dire of circumstances. His bedside manner and explanations of procedures helped keep me calm, and he has access to a team of other top doctors, neurologists, and therapists which work "lock-step" with him. If it weren't for the grace of God and the miracles Dr. Z worked in my brain, I wouldn't be typing this review right now.

April 11th, 2015
I just love him he is amazing and has been there for me more then I can even say. Move never had a doctor who cares about me and how I'm doing who calls to make sure ur doing on after ur surgey. I'm very blessed that I found Dr mario zuccarello when I had my back surgery due to a tumor from my NF type 2 he did an amazing job. I couldn't ask for a better doctor then him.

January 17th, 2015
Brilliant surgeon with impeccable bedside manner!!
Dr. Zucarello and God saved our son Samuel. Our son was involved in a horrific car accident that required emergency cranial surgery, as God was with us then and now, Dr. Zucarello was on call that evening. He performed an emergency craniotomy on him, and our journey to survival began. He was in such a critical state upon arrival to UC hospital immediate action had to be taken. Dr. Zucarello's bedside manner was impeccable, I was at ease with him in full control every step of the way. We were in ICU for a month then moved to Childrens hospital rehab to begin Sam's healing process. The bone flap surgery was scheduled and we were back at Dr. Zucarello's office and UC for the procedure. He now has his flap back on and is healing. When I tell you this man has incredible talent and bedside manner I am being honest. We are blessed that this man touched our lives, he not only saves lives, he brings his team to teach them, consoles the families and leads his diagnosis every inch of the way. I never had to worry about residents performing procedures with out Dr. Zucarellos lead, it simply doesn't happen. He is in full control and made me feel so very grateful and appreciative at his continued sacrifice that he gives to all of his patients. I have thanked him numerous times for his saving our son, and he humbly takes no credit for this miracle. I can honestly say that our family has grown to love the humbled man and brilliant surgeon that we affectionately call Dr. Z. The Popplewell family

September 16th, 2014
I'm alive because of this Dr and God ( Moyamoya Patient)
Dr. Zuccerello performed two brain surgeries on me in 2005, when I was 41. I had no hope other than him, or traveling a far distance to other drs. Especially since this illness is so rare. He is some spoken and treats you kindly. In 2012, I had little hope again, as I slipped into a coma after a brain bleed. He and his team took care of me in the hospital in Cincinnati. I recovered in days. I can't thank him enough.

March 19th, 2014
Simply The Best !
Dr. Zuccarello is without a doubt 'the best'! In my opinion there are not enough complimentary adjectives to describe him.. .He is compassionate, a great listener & in my & my husband's opinion one of the best neurosurgeon in the entire tri state area. His staff emulates his dedication to his patients. I say prayers of thanks every day for him & how blessed I was that he was able to perform my surgery!

July 22nd, 2011
He saved my life
I was having exhaustion,depression and headaches for years. It was only when I started having vision problems that I got worried and went to the doctor. I had migraines all my life as I have chronic allergies. My opthomologist did an MRI and he found a miningioma. Dr. Zucarello removed it. I woke up feeling energetic, joyful and I can smell again. My relationship is happy with my husband again, no more detachmnt. Dr. Z has changed my life. It is fantastic. He is my HERO. He is a very humble man and said I am the hero for working with children. I recommend Dr. Z to everyone.

July 31st, 2009
the best doctor very caring and and excellent doctor

May 11th, 2017