Dr. Maris Ramsay DO Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 15 reviews

March 2nd, 2016
Mistreated Patient
I recently visited Dr. Ramsey and disappointed in her bedside manners. She was rude to me and made me feel unwanted as a patient. I have decided to find another primary physician to keep the respect that I am due as a patient and as an American citizen. I know I deserve the best of care, both medically and professionally. Signed disappointed and Dissatisfied ex-patient

August 20th, 2015
since day one.I never felt good bout that place, usually i don't leave a negative review,but that was the worse costumer service i ever see, there so rude,and they have no respect for your time, they can leave you there for hours waiting because there short on staff. the doctor she always on the rush no patient to listen to make sure what is going on, it was a night mare experience. i love dogs but i don't like it to have her dog at the same room where i get checked that was not comfortable.

June 25th, 2015
super carin g doctor.very knowledgeable and up to date on medical matters and horses

May 20th, 2015
RUDE LADY HAVE THE NICEST STAFF AND TALKS ABOUT THEM TO PATIENTS .

December 15th, 2014
A Nightmare
I got in to her office and felt off immediately. It wasn't in a great medical building. The neighborhood was a little bit unsafe. I waited for an hour to even be called back. It was a nightmare. The receptionist was very rude too. When I got called back, there was another patient waiting too. She was socializing with her employees! She had patients waiting on her! That is so unprofessional to do...socialize later. I finally got called back into the office and saw a dog just lying on the floor! I came to find out that it was her dog! Come on really? A dog does not belong in a doctor's office. I went into the room and it smelled like a dog that had not had a bath at all...reminded me a lot of a vet's office. The dog was not a service dog, it was her pet. Who takes your pet to work? So not professional. It was so unsanitary for the doctor's office that I got up and left! When I left, nobody even acknowledged me and asked why I was leaving. If you see one of your patients leave, ask why don't just sit there! DO NOT GO THERE!

August 21st, 2013
Don't waste your time
The staff is the worst. Before I ever saw the doctor they couldn't figure out how to bill my insurance and loudly discussed how difficult it was. When I saw the dr she had a dog wandering about in the offices. She didn't listen well to my symptoms and when I told her what thyroid meds I had taken in the past she ignored me. I waited over a week for a word on my labs and when I called was told that if there was a problem she would have called me. I was to assume that it was fine. She was not helpful and not worth the charge. Don't waste your time.

April 2nd, 2013
Do not go here, unless you like rude drs and poodles
This woman is horrible. When asked my family history I told her my mother had diabetes, she asked 'had? Does that mean she's dead?' Those were her exact words. I told her yes she passed of uterine cancer. She then asked if my mother was fat, again, her exact words. According to her if you're a fat woman then you are more prone to reproductive cancers, while that may be true her questions completely lacked any taste while asking of my mothers passing. My husband is also retired from the military due to a back injury which she incinuated he was lying about because 'soldiers try anything to get out of the military' I absolutely hated this woman, I NEVER plan on going back and have already made a complaint with tricare.

August 3rd, 2012
Awful doctors experience! I will never ever go back to this woman. She is opinionated and has no respect for other people! I would go into detail, but it's very personal the things we talked about. Just know this, she has no respect for God or people's convictions and she will let you know it....

November 18th, 2011
I love Dr Ramsey
I have been a patient for about 6 years now and I love her no-nonsense approach. She always takes the time to answer all my questions and makes sure that she asks me questions as well. I have yet to visit her when she does not end leave the room before asking if there is anything else I need or if I have any other concerns.For those who have a problem with her dog, she has a notice in the lobby advising that there is a dog on the property and to notify staff if you have any concerns. I am 100% confident that the dog would be kept out of the room if requested.I have recommended Dr Ramsey on several occasions and will continue to do so.

June 10th, 2010
Honest
Yes, I find Dr. Ramsay to be to the point and no non-sense. That has worked for me for the past 15 years. be honest with her and she will diagnose your case as well as any good physician. her staff always follows up based on her instructions. What there is not to like about her is beyond me. She is a good doctor and I have recommended her and will continue to. By the way, I am 62 years of age!

May 6th, 2010
Sorry excuse for a doctor
Dr. Ramsey has a serious problem with misdiagnosing conditions. She also has no bedside manor whatsoever. I do not even believe she knows the meaning of it. Sure, she is straightforward in her approach. Until you have a serious condition that she accuses you of lying about. The only nice person on her staff is her medical assistant taking vitals. She seems to care more about your condition that the actual doctor does. The lady who does billing lacks interpersonal skills. She is extremely rude. All in all, she is a horrible doctor that I do not recommend, and neither does anyone else I know who has gone there.

March 31st, 2010
Dr. Ramsay is wonderful!
I've been a patient of Dr. Ramsay's for over 15 years. She is straightforward but kind in her approach -- very no nonsense. I love that she brings her dog to the office (even if the dog doesn't seem particularly fond of me). Her staff (esp Linda) are always friendly and knowledgeable. Linda has been with her for as long as I've been a patient so that says something for Dr. Ramsay as an employer as well. I've recommended several friends and family to Dr. Ramsay!