Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marisela Varela
Dr. Marisela Varela, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Chicago, IN, with other offices in Hammond, IN and Melbourne, FL (and 1 other location). She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Varela is affiliated with St Catherine Hospital, Holmes Regional Medical Center and Wuesthoff Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Marisela Varela has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Marisela Varela is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Chicago, IN.
Dr. Jaime Ruiz Montero
East Chicago, IN 0 mi25
Dr. Samer Abbas
Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease
East Chicago, IN 0 mi19
Dr. Najamul Ansari
Interventional Cardiology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
East Chicago, IN 0 mi14