Dr. Marissa Largoza Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marissa Largoza?

Posted on March 28th, 2017

Dr. Largoza has been my GYN for 17 years. I tell everyone that is looking for a GYN to call her. She is compassionate, caring and has an excellent bedside manner. She takes time to listen to your concerns. She had to break the news to me two years ago that I had breast cancer. She immediately got me in to see a surgeon. She calls after hours to give you lab results. When I had a bad experience with a primary care doctor that would not treat what I knew to be a bladder infection, I called Dr. Largoza, she had me at the lab immediately and started me on antibiotics. Great Doctor and lovely person.

Posted on November 2nd, 2016

I was referred to her and she is wonderful! My teenage daughter also saw her and I liked how she was very upfront about a variety of topics with the two of us in the room, but also took my daughter alone in a room during her check up to allow her to ask personal questions by herself.

Excellent OB/GYN

Posted on July 15th, 2016

Dr Largoza is fantastic. I have been with her for 13 years + and she has wonderful bedside manner. She is humble, friendly and answers your questions thoroughly. I recommend her to family and friends. I drive over 150 miles to see her for my appts since I live in a different town. She is very knowledgeable and being a woman herself understands exactly what women go through. I can go on and on but you can't go wrong with her. She is truly the best!! I was with her through my fertility issues which she helped me through and my two deliveries.

Posted on May 11th, 2016

Dr. Marissa Largoza is the best OBGYN there is in San Antonio. Very kind, patient and answers all your questions and concerns. She does not make you feel like a nuisance, but a welcomed and valued patient. The office staff is wonderful as well.

Best Dr. Ever!

Posted on April 6th, 2016

Dr. Largoza has been my doctor for 12 years and helped me with two pregnancies. She has a terrific bedside manner and truly cares about her patients. I LOVE HER!

Worst... Highly disappointed selecting her for obgyn

Posted on February 8th, 2016

When patients are responsible to pay for a medical visit cancelled at last minute why are doctors not responsible for the appointments they are not able to keep! There is no value for people's time with this doc.. And she refers to all the doctors possible for a non existing medical condition for earning additional referral bonus

Excellent Dr.!

Posted on February 27th, 2015

I would definitely recommend anyone to Dr. Largoza. She and her nurse practitioner, Jade, were very attentive during my miscarriage--obviously a terrible time in my life. She called me on a Saturday (obviously non-business hours) to report lab results and has called other times after hours as she doesn't leave the office until her calls are complete. Most recently, I had a bad experience with a new primary care Dr. and medication I was prescribed. I called Dr. Largoza to get her advice as I am currently trying to get pregnant again. She fit me in a few days later to prescribe something new. Other Dr.'s I have had have nurses making calls to relay information. Not Dr. Largoza. She has always been the person to call me to respond to my concerns. Really makes me feel like I matter. Can't wait to experience my first successful pregnancy with her as my OB!

Run for help elsewhere

Posted on October 11th, 2013

Very true about the women's health issues beyond maternity. In the matters of assessment and treatment of women's health issues , dr Largoza is incompetent, unskilled, un empathetic, I recommend the START center for women's health issues and/or a female oncologist not this gyn.

Posted on September 28th, 2013

Possibly excellent for delivering babies but not dealing with female diseases: ovarian, breast, uterine, cervical cancers.

Mixed Feelings

Posted on October 3rd, 2012

As a first time mother, I had certain expectations about the kind of relationship I was to have with my doctor. I was pretty miserable with my choice the entire time, but I felt committed to see it to the end. Every appointment felt rushed (after I waited 20-30 minutes) and that I was the next uterus in an assembly line. Yes, she smiled and seemed friendly enough -- but there was definitely an undertone of dismissiveness over my concerns and aspects I didn't agree with. I also felt pressured into decisions frequently that I wasn't comfortable with. I'm not sure if my delivery was scheduled to accommodate a schedule or because I needed it. After being in labor for 13 hours I was told I needed to have a C-section. Afterwards, I was in so much pain, I could barely move and getting out of the bed felt like I was tearing something. She dismissed all of this as common (except I have talked with others, and the levels of pain I was in, was anything but common). I don't recommend if you're a first timer who wants a great experience.

previous patience

Posted on April 2nd, 2012

i personally went to this Dr for my 1st child.. she was really understanding with patience condition, and growth of the baby every visit. if she didn't do extra sonogram of 35th week.. i might lost my child.. my water started dried.. so my baby wasn't growing anymore. if she didn't catch that growth.. man.. can't imagine it.. after deliver baby every morning 7 am came to my room and check up on me and baby.. she is really caring Dr. getting an appointment.. unless really important, you will see laurie(NP) besides that all staffs are nice. oops medical billing manager. she and staffs are not so nice.. they usually speak about your billing condition really loud in the office. so everyone can hear your problem. hope they changed that part.

Posted on March 15th, 2012

I heard from Dr. Largosa's office about the results of my sonogram over a month after the test was performed. Their office and Dr. Largoza do not appear to be on top of their game. I do not feel comfortable she keeps up with any concerns I have and that these are addressed.