Dr. Marium Ilahi Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Marium Ilahi?

Very Good Doctor

Posted on December 16th, 2016

She is caring goes over your choices ,gives you her advice & answers all your questions. One nurse is very nice, one I feel is a bit snippy . Please note if given the choice I would advise seeing this Dr. at Lakeside instead of Bergen due to lab staff who are nice but struggle to do their job the proper way.

Do NOT go to her if you want someone to LISTEN to you!

Posted on May 28th, 2013

I had not been to her for over a year because I was pregnant and my OB had been managing my Hashimotos. When I wasn't going to my OB for this anymore (after having the baby) and I was experiencing Hypo symptoms, I made an appt for bloodwork, etc. I was told right when I made the appt that Dr Ilahi doesn't like or prescribe the medication I was now on (Armour). When I asked her why this was, she said it was not approved by the FDA (which is not true) and that the TSH reading can fluctuate from day to day, so it's hard to know where the patient is. Then, she only did a TSH test (not t3 or t4) and when my TSH was not in the normal range (suppressed), she LOWERED my dosage! I was so upset, since I had all the symptoms I had in the past when I am to Hypo (extreme fatigue, even after I just woke up, cold hands and feet, curling nails, etc). I could not believe she only ordered a TSH test, after she beleived that the reading for this fluctuates greatly, then when it was low, she went strictly off of that, with no question as to why I was having these symptoms! I was in tears, since I went in because of all of the symptoms I was having! The medical assistant advised she would let the Dr know that I was upset and explain to her that I thought it didn't make sense to lower my dosage off of that test, etc. I NEVER got a call back. I called back two days later and asked why no one had called me back. They looked at my chart and said that Dr Ilahi is still advising lowering dosage and that I can seek a 2nd opinion if I choose to. I could not believe it - talk about arrogance and unwillingness to help the patient! Then, I asked if the Dr could call me back herself, so I could speak with her directly, etc. They said they would leave her a message, but were unsure if she would call me back??!! Again, I could not believe this! Then, I got a vmail back from her, stating that my TSH was too low and that the dosage she prescibed will remain and to see a dermatologist or GP if I am having other symptoms or another Endocrinologist..and her message was quite snotty! This caused me to pour myself into research and on Armour, you CAN have low TSH and still be Hypo, you need to use the T3/T4 to have a more true reading of how a person is doing. I am truly frustrated with her lack of empathy and/or care for a patient!! If you want someone who cares or listens to you, DO NOT see her!!

Posted on October 6th, 2017