Dr. Marjorie Alvir DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

August 25th, 2015
Go Elsewhere
I happen to be a physician and went to her due to the other doctors being fully booked. Bad mistake. I have a family history of high cholesterol. My blood work came back as doubled the normal range, which is concerning to a 30 year old. Her solution was for me to go on a diet and workout. If she didn't look at her computer the entire time along with not obtaining a case history, she would know that I run 5-8 miles daily along with strength training for the last 8 years. I don't eat red meat and monitor all my nutrients. Very poor bedside manners. How is she even a physician?

October 17th, 2012
It's ironic that Dr. Alvir is smiling in her photo because I've never actually seen her smile.In my experience she has been rude, has not listened at all, ordered tests for me that I did not need, but refused to order tests I requested based on a genetic condition. The last appointment she stared at her computer 90% of the time, and then abruptly announced, "I don't have time for this" and left the room to deal with other patients. I had to wait over 20 minutes for her to come back, on top of the original 20 minutes I had to wait just to see her initially.

February 23rd, 2011
Office Staff
Her office staff is RUDE and Sarcastic. Therefore, Dr. Alvir just lost two patients!!!!

July 25th, 2010
Run - fast! DO not go to Dr Alvir!
Very insecure, short, uninformed. Would rather do nothing unless the issue is extreme and then she doesn't follow through with treatment. Inconsistent answers from one visit to another. Second guesses herself and bases decisions on partial information because she tunes out the patient. She even WALKED OUT of the room as I was asking her questions because she felt it was taking too long and instead of wrapping it up, she walked out.It is a fight just to get her to treat a condition. The wait is forever for such a short time you get with her. She even told me once that "I can only bring 2 issues up per visit!!"STAY AWAY from her and any other practitioner at hartland family care. it is a waste of money and time. Even the office staff makes you feel like they are doing YOU a favor when they do their job. They pass the buck any chance they can.