Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  She's worth the wait!  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

I found Dr. Bowman in Philadelphia Magazine's issue of Top Docs. She's been a Philly top doc every year since. This woman is phenomenal. She treats you like you are her only patient. She listens to you like she is your mom or favorite aunt, not like a chair of family medicine at a prestigious medical school (which she is). I went to 8 different doctors trying to find someone to treat me for my chronic fatigue. She was the ONLY one willing to treat me. All the others said, "No known cause, no known cure." In six months I went from slug who slept 16-20 hours a day and was nauseous and dizzy, to an athletic healthy happy person traveling internationally and living life with gusto again. She is my hero. She won't let you procrastinate about check-ups or routine tests -- she makes the appointment right then, or administers the shot right there. Yes, you may have to wait in the waiting room for a very long time to see her, but it's because she spends the time necessary for all her patients. Just bring a book to pass the time. But NEVER be late for your appointment!! Her staff will cancel your appointment if you are 15 minutes late!! I can't say enough good things about this doctor. I know I am alive today becuase of her swift action after recognizing a life-threatening symptom. She excused herself from the examing room and called the chair of the department that handles my ailment and got me in to see him IMMEDIATELY -- right from her office to his. She did the same thing when I hurt my elbow; she brought in a specialist from down the hall to come in and give a consult!So, yes it's a long wait, and yes her staff isn't as energetic and caring as Dr. Bowman, but endure it all. She's worth it all!