Dr. Mark Herman MD Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 8 reviews

August 17th, 2014
Attitude Problem
Herman performed surgery on my leg while in the hospital. I felt the worst pain than ever before. I SCREAMED CONTINOUSLY DURING ENTIRE PROCEDURE. HE SHOWED NO CONCERN OR CARE ABOUT MY EXTREME PAIN. AFTER HE WAS DONE HE SAID NOTHING. AS HE WAS WALKING AWAY I ASKED HIM ABOUT CARE FOR MY OPEN WOUND, HE SAID WASH WITH SOAP, I SAID WHAT KIND OF SOAP.? HE SAID SOAP. AND WALKED OUT OF MY ROOM. THE WORST POSSIBLE SURGEON EVER. COCKY

March 27th, 2013
National Doctors' Day
Happy National Doctors' Day and many thanks for the exceptional care and commitment which has made a huge difference in my health and life.

June 21st, 2012
A visit not to remember
Very frustrated. I was visited by this doctor and one other from premier surgical specialists in the hospital. I had a spinal fusion in four vertebrate. Pretty serious surgery. I do not remember this doctor, but I was billed for 5 visits. My insurance paid most of it. I disagrred with the visits, they turned a bill for $27.00 over to a collection agency. Who are these people???

April 9th, 2012
Very Responsive
My father required an urgent gallbladder removal. Dr Herman was very responsive and made our family feel very comfortable. I am a physician and would recommend Dr Herman.

March 6th, 2012
Horrible bedside manner
I AM THE MOTHER OF A PATIENT. MY ADULT DAUGHTER WAS BROUGHT IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND NEEDED SURGERY. I SPOKE WITH DR HERMAN AFTER THE SURGERY AND WAS TALKED DOWN TO WITH EVERY QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED. I WILL NOT RECOMEND HIM TO ANYONE BECAUSE OF THE MANNER IN WHICH HE SPEAKS TO THE PATIENT AND REALTIVES THAT ARE CONCERNED AND TRYING TO UNDERSTAND. HE WOULD NOT LISTEN THAT MY DAUGHTER COULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THE OPEN WOUND BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION. THE PHYSICIANS ASSISTANT HAD TO COME IN AND PROVE TO HIM THAT SHE COULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THE WOUND PROPERLY. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT LISTENING TO WHAT THE PATIENT IS SAYING.

August 29th, 2011
Great in an Emergency Situation
Great doctor who did a fantastic job on an emergency surgery for my wife. I was very confident with him and she is doing very well.

August 14th, 2011
Not the doc for me
Very cocky during our consult for surgery. I found another surgeon w/ good beside manner and took time to answer my questions. Too many good surgeons out there to deal with one that is concending.

June 24th, 2011
Professional and caring
Dr. Herman took on a very difficult surgery that others did not want to perform. He has been very caring, asks all the right questions and listens to your concerns.He continues to follow my progress. I would definately recommend him for his surgical skills and personality.