Surgical Specialist

Attitude Problem show details Attitude Problem
by Michele A on Aug 17th, 2014

Herman performed surgery on my leg while in the hospital. I felt the worst pain than ever before. I SCREAMED CONTINOUSLY DURING ENTIRE PROCEDURE. HE SHOWED NO CONCERN OR CARE ABOUT MY EXTREME PAIN. AFTER HE WAS DONE HE SAID NOTHING. AS HE WAS WALKING AWAY I ASKED HIM ABOUT CARE FOR MY OPEN WOUND, HE SAID WASH WITH SOAP, I SAID WHAT KIND OF SOAP.? HE SAID SOAP. AND WALKED OUT OF MY ROOM. THE WORST POSSIBLE SURGEON EVER. COCKY

National Doctors' Day show details National Doctors' Day
by Cathy K on Mar 27th, 2013

Happy National Doctors' Day and many thanks for the exceptional care and commitment which has made a huge difference in my health and life.

A visit not to remember show details A visit not to remember
Jun 21st, 2012

Very frustrated. I was visited by this doctor and one other from premier surgical specialists in the hospital. I had a spinal fusion in four vertebrate. Pretty serious surgery. I do not remember this doctor, but I was billed for 5 visits. My insurance paid most of it. I disagrred with the visits, they turned a bill for $27.00 over to a collection agency. Who are these people???

Very Responsive show details Very Responsive
Apr 9th, 2012

My father required an urgent gallbladder removal. Dr Herman was very responsive and made our family feel very comfortable. I am a physician and would recommend Dr Herman.

Horrible bedside manner show details Horrible bedside manner
Mar 6th, 2012

I AM THE MOTHER OF A PATIENT. MY ADULT DAUGHTER WAS BROUGHT IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND NEEDED SURGERY. I SPOKE WITH DR HERMAN AFTER THE SURGERY AND WAS TALKED DOWN TO WITH EVERY QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED. I WILL NOT RECOMEND HIM TO ANYONE BECAUSE OF THE MANNER IN WHICH HE SPEAKS TO THE PATIENT AND REALTIVES THAT ARE CONCERNED AND TRYING TO UNDERSTAND. HE WOULD NOT LISTEN THAT MY DAUGHTER COULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THE OPEN WOUND BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION. THE PHYSICIANS ASSISTANT HAD TO COME IN AND PROVE TO HIM THAT SHE COULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THE WOUND PROPERLY. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT LISTENING TO WHAT THE PATIENT IS SAYING.

Great in an Emergency Situation show details Great in an Emergency Situation
Aug 29th, 2011

Great doctor who did a fantastic job on an emergency surgery for my wife. I was very confident with him and she is doing very well.

Not the doc for me show details Not the doc for me
Aug 14th, 2011

Very cocky during our consult for surgery. I found another surgeon w/ good beside manner and took time to answer my questions. Too many good surgeons out there to deal with one that is concending.

Professional and caring show details Professional and caring
Jun 24th, 2011

Dr. Herman took on a very difficult surgery that others did not want to perform. He has been very caring, asks all the right questions and listens to your concerns.He continues to follow my progress. I would definately recommend him for his surgical skills and personality.