Dr. Mark Murphy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

January 13th, 2017
Pill Mill
Pill Mill

January 9th, 2017
Dr Murphy is a very good doctor and he as nice as he can be I have never had a doctor that care so much for u he is great I would send my family and friends to him
Very nice doctor and staff

January 6th, 2017
Dr. Murphy has worked with me for the best solution for my chronic pain. There's nothing that will make me pain free short of knocking me out or making me so drugged up that I can't function and I fully understand that. The surgeons that operated on me told me that I will be in pain the rest of my life and it can't be fixed. I have severe arthritis from my neck down to my ankles along with severe degenerative disc disease and bone spurs. When the disc wears out all that can be done is spinal fusion. I've had enough of that and I hope I never have to have it again. 3-Level in my neck and 3-Level in my lower back. That puts all of the pressure on the discs that's left and it doesn't get better, only worse. I have to be very careful in what I do or I get in trouble very quick. Nobody likes being in pain but it's something I just have to live with and I'm thankful Dr. Murphy gets me to a manageable level.

May 10th, 2016
Thanks for being such a great doctor
Dr. Murphy is a very caring Doctor. He talks to you about your meds and letters the insurance company are writing. How care a person in an insurance office that has never seen me state I am taking too much meds. I have had crohic pain for many years and five back surgeries.. I am worse since the surgeries. Thank you Dr Murphy for your help!

March 28th, 2016
Thanks For The Waste of A Whole Day!
Had an appointment for 12:00 lunch time. It's now 3:00 and we're still sitting here! There's so many people scheduled on the same day that there's nowhere for any of the disabled people to sit. Family members that drive the patients here can't even use the restroom. It's ridiculous that you should have to ruin a whole day for one appointment that should last 30 minutes to an hour!

November 16th, 2015
Great improvements from the new year in Huntsville. Great office now

May 27th, 2015
Great doctor!! He will never try to push anything on you. He will always try to do something else besides give you meds. If he thinks shots or therapy is better than meds then that is what he will do. He will help you have a better life away from pain. And again he will never just say meds is the only way so I have no idea why people say he pushes meds on them. They are the people that come looking for a certain types of meds and he don't give them so they write nasty things. Trust me if you are really needing a pain mgt doctor then you will not find a better one. Just follow the rules and you will not have any problems.

May 8th, 2015
whatever
his wife runs the show. i would not be surprised if he is closed by end of summer

December 30th, 2014
lied on my medical records by his wife and other staff
They dismissed me. Dr Murphy allowed his wife to cut me off my meds 2 weeks after he increased them. She hated me from the start. I was dismissed after he overturned his staff's decision to do this 3 times. Mrs Murphy made up lies and placed them in my medical records saying I ATTACKED staff. To get him to dismiss me. Now 6 months later Im suffering because of these lies in my records no other Dr in Huntsville will see me and i have 2 fake hips both knees need replaced both shoulder reconstructed and in my back i have degenerate disc disease and have damage to L 2,3,4 &5 and C 1,2,3. Also have sciatica nerve damage in both legs and I'm suffering constantly

December 11th, 2014
Dr. Murphy is a Awesome doctor and knows how to treat each and everyone of his patients. And I have the very most respect for Dr. Murphy and his Staff.

February 14th, 2014
Caring and Professional Dr.
Dr. Murphy is absolutely wonderful. I was reading some of the reviews above and I noticed where someone had contacted the Board on this wonderful Dr. If you happen to not like this Dr. as mentioned in your review and as you stated 'ARE GOING TO ANOTHER DR.' then please think about all of the other patients that need this caring Dr. I can assure you that anywhere you may go no Dr. is going to be perfect. I have been in Pain Management (unfortunately). for a number of years due to my health problems. Dr. Murphy is a very caring, professional, and most compassionate Dr. that I have seen thus far. Dr. Murphy follows the DEA rules and is very strict concerning the medications that are given out. If you happen to be a patient of his then you already know a drug test is given every month.You had better have the medications in you and NOT have any other medications in you that he hasn't prescribed. I give Dr. Mark Murphy an applause for being such a Professional but yet a Caring, Wonderful BED SIDE manner Dr. THANK YOU DR. MURPHY FOR REALLY CARING AND UNDERSTANDING WHAT CHRONIC PAIN PATIENTS HAVE TO GO THROUGH EVERYDAY OF THEIR LIFE.

April 16th, 2013
Disabled
The Dr. and staff are very professional . The Dr. wife really understands that if you have to sit and wait to long your in worse pain. She makes sure no patient sits too long I greatly appreciate this . I have been a patient of the clinic for 6 years after the failure of 5 major surgery,s .I now have some relief Thank you.