Dr. Mark Peterson MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 4 reviews

February 26th, 2016
Botched surgery
Dr. Peterson did an ACL replacement and meniscus repair 3 years ago. To put it bluntly, he botched the surgery and left me in agony post-operatively. He got the guide wire, used to thread the ligament into place, caught behind the fixation screw and a piece broke off. He then had to hammer the screw out as it had been glued in place to get the wire out, and install a new allograft. He also failed to fix the meniscus tear properly as it subsequently shredded. I had to have another surgeon fix the tear and clean out the significant amount of scar tissue Peterson had left behind due to the additional trauma he caused by his error. Subsequently, the allograft he installed 3 years ago has now failed and I no longer have an intact ACL. This is why I'm posting my comments now. To add insult to injury, he was the most uncaring practitioner and never apologized for the pain he caused me from his poor surgical technique. He never offered to make it right, saying that people heal differently and I was just one of those people. My current sorts medicine ortho, who fixed the mess, said he was surprised by the outdated surgical method that was employed for an active woman of my age. Stay clear of this doctor, he is arrogant and inept.

November 13th, 2015
Diagnosed Lyme Disease
When there was no obvious trauma to my son's knee, Dr. Peterson ordered a lyme disease test & sure enough, my son had it. This was about 9 years ago and after a round of antibiotics, my son is fine. I am grateful he decided to test him instead of just saying the x-rays showed nothing.

October 12th, 2014
Great Doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Peterson for my arthritic knees for several years. I have found him to be very easy to schedule an appointment with--as in a few days--and to always proceed with me with caring and caution. He is not a surgeon who wants to jump into surgery--he wants to do it when you actually need it. He did a total knee replacement on me--and I will have him do another--when/if the time comes. I ask a LOT of questions--he is always patient and--more importantly--practical and realistic.
Doctor's Response

Hello, Kim. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Shady Grove Orthopaedics and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Shady Grove Orthopaedics for your care.

August 20th, 2009
Fixed my knee
I just want to say as an athlete I have had knee issues my entire life. This last time I was sent to Dr. Peterson by another doctor and I felt totally taken care of! He was realistic and compasionate. I would recommend him for any sprots related injury.