A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Sands:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Sands is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sands
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sands Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Sands, MD is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Sands graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit. He has 2 awards.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Allen Sands MD is a male Pediatrician, has 34 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Pediatrics.
- Where does Dr. Mark A. Sands practice?
- Dr. Mark Sands has 1 office location.
Dr. Mark Sands practices Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Pediatrics near Metairie, LA.
See Metairie Psychiatrists and Metairie Pediatricians.