Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Shaffer
Dr. Mark Shaffer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Addiction Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Shaffer is affiliated with Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, Sharp Memorial Hospital and Palomar Health Downtown Campus - Escondido. Dr. Shaffer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Shaffer has the following 5 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions....
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment...
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for...
Dr. Mark Shaffer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.
Dr. Hai Shao
Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine
San Diego, CA 0 mi12
Dr. Julie Chu
San Diego, CA 0 mi27
Dr. Bradford Stiles
General Practice, Sports Medicine, Family Medicine
San Diego, CA 0 mi28