A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Shaffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Shaffer, Emergency Physician, General Practitioner, Internist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shaffer
Seasonal Allergies Patient Education Vitals patient education guide for information about seasonal allergies such as hay fever, eye and mold allergies.Before Visiting Dr. Shaffer Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Hospice Care
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaffer graduated from Universidad Nacional Autonoma De Mexico, Df, Mexico Df. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Shaffer has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- Alvarado Parkway Institute Behavioral Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Allen Shaffer MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 35 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Addiction Medicine, and Family Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Mark A. Shaffer practice?
- Dr. Mark Shaffer has 4 office locations.
Dr. Mark Shaffer practices Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Addiction Medicine, and Family Medicine near San Diego, CA.
Additional practice locations include: La Jolla, CA and Oceanside, CA.
See San Diego Primary Care Doctors, San Diego Geriatric Doctors, San Diego Addiction Specialists, and San Diego Hospice & Palliative Specialists.