A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Abelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Abelson, FRCSC, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Chemical Burns
- Corneal Diseases
- Dry Eye Syndromes
- Eye Diseases
- Eyelid Diseases
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Abelson graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Abelson has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Abelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 5 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 9 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 12 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mark B. Abelson practice?
Dr. Mark Abelson practices Ophthalmology near Andover, MA.
Additional practice locations include: North Andover, MA and Worcester, MA.
See Andover Ophthalmologists.