A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Abelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Abelson, MD, FRCSC is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 10 Areas, including Blepharitis, Chemical Burns, and Corneal Diseases.7 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Abelson graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Abelson has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Abelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 5 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 9 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 12 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mark B. Abelson practice?
Dr. Mark Abelson practices Ophthalmology near Andover, MA.
Additional practice locations include: North Andover, MA and Worcester, MA.
See Andover Ophthalmologists.