Dr. Mark Alford Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Alford?

September 2nd, 2016

Rude

I went to see Dr. Alford about an eyelid lift. It was not for cosmetic reasons. My eyelids were drooping into my line of vision and interfering with my sight. All he did was take 3 or 4 pictures of my eyes with a camera. He was using curse words because the camera wouldn't work properly. I am on Medicare. He fussed about the Medicare changes and said no way would Medicare pay for my surgery. He told me if they didn't pay that I would be responsible for for the entire bill. He offered me a "cash only" price that was lower. He stated that he wouldn't try to help get Medicare to pay for the surgery. He was rude and demanding. I saw another specialist. They did lots of test. Never mentioned a problem with Medicare. I had the surgery with great success and Medicare completely paid for my surgery. The staff was nice. The wait time was very short, but I would not recommend him at all.

May 11th, 2016

Ingrown Eyelash Removal

I had an ingrown eyelash. I first met with a well advertised Opthamalogist in Dallas who wanted to wait until the ingrown in my lower lid broke through the skin & was scratching my cornea to perform a surgery involving anesthesia. It was have left permanent scarring on my lower lid and could have led to loss of my eyesight in my left eye. He also wanted to charge me $6k for the procedure. THANK GOODNESS I found Dr. Alford. He met with me & removed the eyelid in about 10 minutes by numbing my eyelids and making a minor cut to remove the eyelash. It took about 10 minutes, there was no pain, no scarring, and it only cost me about $200. (My insurance would not cover this procedure, even though it can cause blindness because it is considered plastic surgery.) This doctor and his staff were friendly, well-trained and did a wonderful job!

February 10th, 2015

Eyelid surgery

Met with Dr Alford he was very informative and answered all my questions.

November 20th, 2014

If you are looking for a Doctor who knows what their doing look no further, Dr. Alford is who you want!

Dr. Alford is amazing!! Very very rarely do I run into a Doctor who really likes their job, he is just a really good person. I cannot express that enoug. If you are looking for a Doctor who knows what he is doing, look no further!!

January 15th, 2014

Skin Cancer Surgery Repair Patient very happy with Dr. Alford

This man corrected a butcher job someone else performed on my eyelid. The former physician was old fashioned, outdated techniques, etc and did not know how to perform a successful skin graft. He should have been sued. Dr. Alford did a great job of reconstructing the area with a skin graft, and the experience was great, as was the result.

January 2nd, 2014

Best ophthalmologist there is. Very knowledgeable, involved in research, he is up to date with everything you want to know about the eye. I could not ask for anything more. Extremely thorough, patient advocate; oh yes will go that extra mile to get you help where needed. Bedside manners excellent. Very relateable. He cares. I trust him with my eye.

February 21st, 2013

RN

Dr. Alford was extremely honest and above board when discussing my treatment options. He provided his personal phone number should I have any questions or issues. He was quick to respond to my questions and needs. I had amazing results from my blephraoplasty, it was painless, and I would recommend him to anyone wanting and excellent, caring physician.

October 22nd, 2011

Best surgeon, great bedside manner, really cares

September 30th, 2008

very specialized

treated my eye inflamation, did biopsy and follow up - found nothing major and it was healed after a few weeks, gratefully with no further problems.

August 17th, 2017