A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Arey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Arey, Ophthalmologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Arey, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Arey graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Arey has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Community Hospital
- Ambulatory Surgery Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Arey accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 14 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 6 plans
- Humana - 30 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 13 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mark L. Arey practice?
Dr. Mark Arey practices Ophthalmology near Tampa, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Denton, TX.
See Tampa Ophthalmologists.