Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mr show details Mr
by Gregory Fronda on Sep 1st, 2015

I have had a several surgery's over the years by some of the most highly recommended and qualified surgeons in the area in which I resided. This testimony I'm about to give is unsolicited and unbiased. The Foris Surgical Group stands above all others. The staff at the Foris Surgical Center were professional, kind, thoughtful and made the experience as comfortable and as pleasant considering the apprehension one has prior to a surgical procedure. Even though this testimony applies to the entire staff I am compelled to give extra kudos to Anna Marie. She, along with several others whose names escape me attended to me while recovering from the procedure while the anesthesia was wearing off. She never left my side and spoke to me with gentleness and kindness. The person who was with me said at one point I made a very off color remark that got everyone laughing, Anna Marie most of all. I was not rushed and only allowed to leave when I felt that it was OK. Dr. Artusio is by far the most caring physician I've ever had the pleasure to know. During the pre-surgical visits he explained in great detail, on a level that I could understand, what was going on, why surgery was the best option and the surgical technique he would use vs the technique that was used years ago. Surgery is all about finding a better technique to improve patient outcome. He drew pictures and may have even used a crayon (only kidding) of the pre-surgical area and explained in great detail what he was going to do. Most importantly to me was that he set an expectation. He told me exactly what to expect, what the finished product would feel like and said that the recovery would be the most excruciatingly painful experience I have ever had. He was 100% correct. I don't recall seeing him immediately after the surgery but my responsible adult partner said that he had stopped by to see me. Most importantly he called me two times within the first week to ask how I was doing. Based on my responses he provided guidance and instructions on how to deal with the pain. Simply stated he truly cared about how I was doing. I can't ever remember receiving a call from a Dr.. Not once and certainly not twice in the same week. I just saw him today for my second post op visit and he started again with the explanations and questions. He used a word that I didn't know (prolapse) and explained what it meant in this scenario. His office staff is amazing too. They actually engage their patients. How often does that happen. In closing, I would say that if you live within a hundred miles of his office and you're told by your family practitioner to see a surgeon then Dr. Artusio is your go to Dr. No Ifs ands or butts! Did I mention he has a fantastic sense of humor too!

Could not have asked for better care! show details Could not have asked for better care!
by J. B. on Aug 25th, 2015

This doctor knows his stuff and delivers great care. His preoperative explanations were clear as a bell, as he uses diagrams to explain things. The surgery went off without a hitch, and my scars are barely visible. He personally called me the day after the operation to check on me. I could not have asked for better care. He clearly wants the best for his patients.

Five stars show details Five stars
by james a wheat on Aug 24th, 2015

Fast and did a good job

by Robert on Aug 22nd, 2015

Friendly, accurate, took time to listen and answer my questions.

Recent Surgical Experience show details Recent Surgical Experience
by Bonnie A. on Aug 19th, 2015

Dr. Artusio and his staff were wonderful during my recent gallbladder surgery and recovery. He took the time to explain everything in advance. After surgery, he walked through pictures and explained exactly what was done. My experience at the Surgical Center was beyond expectations. It was warm, welcoming and made me feel like I was in good hands the entire time. Much nicer than a hospital atmosphere. I highly recommend this office.

Surgery procedure with Dr. Artusio A show details Surgery procedure with Dr. Artusio A
by Randy J. on Aug 1st, 2015

Great experience - awesome doctor staff

Highly recommend this surgeon. show details Highly recommend this surgeon.
by John Quarles on Jul 27th, 2015

Actually took the time to explain my procedure in detail to the point of drawing it out on paper, put all my concerns to rest. Surgery went great. Highly recommend this surgeon.

Jul 9th, 2015

I had a very good experience. I saw Dr. Artusio about my gallbladder problem, he recommended to removed it. I was able to have the surgery done promptly after my consultation, by laparoscopic procedure, and it was a very good result. I am glad I chose Dr. Artusio and highly recommend him.

Excellent care show details Excellent care
Jul 7th, 2015

Dr. Artusio and his staff provide the best medical care i have ever received. The atmosphere of the office is calm and relaxing. I came to the office in excrutiating pain. I was scheduled immediately. My issue required surgery. Dr. Artusio came into the hospital room two different times to assure me that everything would be okay before surgery. Recovery was as expected and just as he said it would be. I even received a phone call on a sunday to be checked on. I was able to call the office with any questions and they were handled by the very knowledgeable medical assistant. I returned for a minor unrelated issue and was scheduled with ease once more. This office really goes above and beyond to accompdate the patient. The front desk must be recognized as well for their friendly greetings and knowledge when it came to all of the insurance related questions. I have recommended and will continue to recommend Dr. Artusio and foris surgical group! I truly feel relief knowing that should a problem arise in the future, i will know who to contact.

by Harriett MacInnes on Jun 25th, 2015

Dr. Artusio was excellent in diagnosing, surgical explanation, surgery, follow up care and friendly demeanor. I would highly recommend him. He made me feel at ease and took his time with explanations and instructions. His staff are very friendly and helpful.

by Wayne on Jun 22nd, 2015

A program. Friendly, timely, explained everything. Very competent surgeon and he always made me feel comfortable. I will use him for any future surgeries.

by A.James on Jun 12th, 2015

Dr. Artusio made me feel very comfortable with having surgery. I had a wonderful experience. His staff was very nice. my scars are not very noticeable, and overall I was extremely pleased. My pre op symptoms are all gone.

May 26th, 2015

I went to Dr. Artusio for minor surgery. Still it was my first surgery, and I was a bit scared. Turns out I couldn't have been in better hands. Dr. Artusio is not only skilled as a surgeon, he listens to you, patiently responds to any questions, and makes you feel like you matter as a person. He's that rare "old-fashioned" doctor. 10 STARS!

May 13th, 2015

Dr. Artusio took his time with each of my three appointments. He was kind, good-humored, thorough in his questions and examinations, determined to help me. The in-office procedure he performed, which might have been very embarrassing, was completed smoothly and efficiently and with me at my ease. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. He is a thorough professional but manages to remain kind and warm.

by Dennis Douds on Apr 30th, 2015

Professional, friendly, knowledgeable. Surgery was quick and virtually painless. Instructions were crystal clear.

Apr 24th, 2015

One of the best doctors I have ever seen.

Professional and Friendly show details Professional and Friendly
by A. M. Little on Apr 24th, 2015

I was impressed with the professionalism, courteousness and friendliness of Dr Artusio and his staff. Most times, if I arrived early, I was seen early. If I ever need a surgeon in the future, this is where I'll call!

Hernia Repair Umbilical show details Hernia Repair Umbilical
by D VanDeventer on Apr 17th, 2015

Thumbs up for Dr. Artusio. He explained the process very well and most importantly listened and responded professionally to my concerns. The surgery went well and although recovery varies per individual, my recovery is still in progress. It has been 6 weeks and I personally feel I have a few weeks to go to get to 100%. I would definitely recommend Dr. Artusio for consultation.

Mar 13th, 2015

WE are very impressed with Dr Artusio. He has great bedside manner! He even called at 5:30 on Friday evening to f/u on condition. I would definitely recommend and will go back to him if I need a surgeon.

One of the best medical referrals ever! show details One of the best medical referrals ever!
by A. Nuzzo on Mar 11th, 2015

Dr. Mark Artusio was referred to me by my friend who was one of Dr. Artusio's former patients. My ventral hernia with mesh repair was flawlessly completed. The Foris Surgical Group and Frederick Memorial Hospital Same-Day-Surgery are patient-driven, quality-oriented organizations. I am totally satisfied and thank Dr. Artusio and his staff for the superb care!

Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Tasha Nelson on Feb 3rd, 2015

I was referred to Foris Surgical Group by my insurance provider and I must say they did not disappoint. The staff was very friendly and always courteous to me and the office was always clean and welcoming. Dr. Artusio is one in a million, I am so happy with my choice to visit his office, I have absolutely no regrets. I would definitely recommend him to others, they practice the true meaning of customer satisfaction.

I recommend him show details I recommend him
Jan 26th, 2015

Following a health crisis, i was referred for gall bladder surgery. Dr. Artusio's calm and encouraging manner was REALLY appreciated. Explanations were clear and risks explained. Surgery and recovery were uneventful. My surgery was much less stressful because of my confidence in him.

by W M Roberts on Jan 19th, 2015

I saw Dr Artusio at an office visit. He was patient, listened to my concerns, did a thorough exam and answered all of my questions. As part of his explanation he even did drawings .He also provided pamphlets for further reading. Years before he had performed surgery on me and I was most satisfied. I highly recommend Dr Artusio !

Jan 9th, 2015

Dr. Artusio and Foris Surgical group took great care of me for my gallbladder removal due to gallstones. Excellent experience, I highly recommend.

Dec 30th, 2014

Dr. Artusio personally followed up on me after my surgery and directly called me back after I called in with a concern. Most doctors would have their staff respond back to the patient for those types of questions. My surgery was successful and I've healed way ahead of schedule.

Dec 11th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Artusio and his staff was excellent.

Retired show details Retired
by Jack D on Dec 5th, 2014

Very thorough, prompt and effective. Surgery was flawless and suturing was excellent - little or no scar.

by Phil on Nov 10th, 2014

Was referred to Foris Surgical by my GP. This was a follow up incident from an incident a couple years ago. I was a bit surprised that I had to return for a "re-surgical" procedure on removing a Lypoma. Not saying that Dr Artusio was responsible for the re-growth (he was the practitioner/surgeon on the first removal)... but at least he was very attentive and professional, as were his staff.

Great experience! show details Great experience!
Oct 11th, 2014

He was kind and patient and answered all of my questions thoroughly. If there is one thing that stands out, it is the tremendous concern has has for his patients. He even called to check on me the day after my surgery. I could not have asked for a better experience and would return to him in a heartbeat.

Excellent Skin Cancer Surgeon in Frederick's Foris Surgical Group show details Excellent Skin Cancer Surgeon in Frederick's Foris Surgical Group
by Rev. Ron Reaves on Jun 2nd, 2014

Dr Mark Artusio's straight forward, no nonsense and caring approach made my facing my melanoma cancer removal reassuring. He came recommended and I was never disappointed from the consultation to the surgery and follow-up. Dr. Artusio is a true professional with tons of experience in removing skin cancer. I would recommend him highly.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Stephanie M. on Apr 21st, 2014

Dr Artusio was very nice. He takes his time and goes over everything about the surgery and explains step by step what he did during the surgery with photos. He even called me himself to find out how I was doing. I would definitely go to him again, I would also refer people to him.

The Best show details The Best
Nov 13th, 2012

I couldn't ask for a better surgeon. He met all my needs and then some. Highest rating.

Jan 13th, 2012

Dr. Artusio is a kind, gentle man, with a very reassuring bedside manner. When I went to the hospital, the nurses told me I was lucky to have the best surgeon there. I came through beautifully and my scars were almost invisible. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sep 6th, 2010

Best surgical experience ever. He is a great surgeon, not to be confused by doctors you have to judge by their smile. His ability goes WAY beyond his personality.

Apr 24th, 2010

Very Informative and Excellent technical surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Your Great! show details Your Great!
Nov 6th, 2009

Mark Artusio is by far the GREATEST surgeon ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 10th, 2009

Great manner, experience and results.