Dr. Mark Bartiss Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Bartiss?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Mark Bartiss?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 23rd, 2017

A waste of time and money

This so called holistic doctor has no idea about adrenal fatigue in an advance stage. He spent 30 minutes of the $300 1.5-hour consultation promoting his pellets. I told him that I could not have any hormones or supplements due to my debilitated immune system, something very typical in adrenal fatigue sufferers. He told me that it was my imagination and doubled the dosage for hormones. I felt horrible after having the hormones, as expected. The 1.5-hour consultation revolved around his pellets and not about what to do to fix me. A waste of money and time.

May 3rd, 2017

Very Grateful

I have been a patient if Dr. Bartiss for several years and thank goodness for his expertise other doctors could not diagnose early menopause and all the additional issues I was having. He has his own personality and tells you like it is. I was able to reach him during an emergency he got right back to me on a weekend.

February 28th, 2017

Keep Looking.

This guy is all about using pellets for hormone replacement. Anything else, he's not interested in because that's where the money is. He's off his rocker with some of his ideas that are downright dangerous. Even his colleagues don't agree on many of his protocols. Nut job. His staff are rude and uncaring. Don't bother.

January 12th, 2017

Brilliant doc, after going to 3 physicians Dr. Bartiss got to the root of my issue in the first visit. The lab work was expensive but worth it, I am not longer taking medicine and highly recommend him. PS He is funny and down to earth.

August 25th, 2016

Understands his stuff

Seems to know his stuff I feel so much better now !

June 29th, 2016

Don't bother!

This guy is a nut job. He's a fast talker and impatient and when he doesn't know what to do, he does nothing. He knows little to nothing about adrenals and thyroid which go hand in hand with bio-identical hormone replacement but since bio-identical hormone replacement is a money-maker, well, you get the idea. His front desk people are not personable and downright rude. Finding the real deal in this area is nearly impossible. If you can use over the counter bio-identical hormones, do it. Check out Dr. Helen Pensanti online. Her products are reputable. Empower yourself by taking responsibility for your own health. Check out Life Extension, order your own blood work without a prescription as well as review it with one of their doctors.

May 15th, 2016

Please don't use this doctor.

Dr. Bartiss' treatment caused me to have heart issues. Further diagnosis via stress test and heart catheterization was required.

March 4th, 2016

Stay away.

Is only interested in using pellets and pushes for that since it is one of the most expensive ways to replace hormones. Not interested in working up a sweat to help someone. Cookie cutter approach. One size fits all!

February 3rd, 2016

AWFUL

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who is looking to get a diagnosis from a unknown/chronic illness. He is NOT a good diagnostician. I would not call him a doctors doctor at all. His motivation is strictly money. He and the staff are always trying to upsell tests and supplements that aren't needed. He gives the same scripted speech to all of his patients. In my case I had stage 3 adrenal dysfunction that he failed to treat. Although he advertises he treats adrenal glands he doesn't know the first thing about them. I had been sick for over 6 years and could not get any help from mainstream medicine. I knew I had severe adrenal problems. It was the #1 reason I saw him as he advertises he treats adrenal issues. With his treatment I felt worse. Because I had been sick for so long I presumed that it would take time to heal and that's why I worked with them for over a year. As far as I'm concerned HIS TREATMENT BORDERS ON MALPRACTICE. When I opted to not have hormone implants any longer the office called me and told me he needed to see me. I thought there was something wrong so I saw him right away. When I went to the appointment he tried to sell me on still having the implants. He was well aware that I didn't want to have any hormone implants ever again. I had told the office more than once. Not only was this a waste of my time but they also charged me $125 for a 20 minute visit. I was outraged. He knew full well I had no intention of ever having implants again. He brought me into his office to try an sell me and I had to pay for his sales pitch. Inside of a year I spent upwards of $3500 on his treatments, office visits and supplements. Of course he wanted me to come in. I was a cash cow to him. In addition to not being to properly treat me he told me that I was headed to having Alzheimer's and that I might have MS or Hashimoto's. I'm currently being treated properly for adrenal dysfunction and getting better every day. HE WAS TERRIBLY WRONG. His incompetence caused me so much unnecessary worry. Not only is he incompetent but the staff is equally if not more incompetent. They don't listen, return calls and are rude. I realize this medicine is complimentary but this is still my health and I'm paying for them to do their job. My experience with ICAM was awful. I can't stress enough that if you have any illness do not see them. If you are only interested in looking better with the use of hormones then you might be OK with them however do you due diligence. He will try and give you more than you need and create reasons that you need other expensive tests.

November 27th, 2015

Please don't waste your money on this doctor.

This doctor promised me the world. Now, having spoken with other doctors about his hormone treatment, I find out he has mislead me about the dangers of taking estrogen with my family history of breast cancer. The prescriptions and supplements I have been put on were expensive, redundant and have now caused a heart arrhythmia. The office staff has been uncooperative with getting my initial visit covered by insurance (you pay out of pocket to doctor, very convenient for him). I have never reached a person on the 1st try. Leaving a message is worthless, since I have never received a return phone call.

April 26th, 2013

worthy of accolades

it's true the office staff is unsupportive and scattered. it is worth it to suffer through them though, as i have not found better quality of care from any doctor in six states. finally a diagnosis to what seemed an unsurmountable number of problems. but with that also came a practical and successful course of treatment focusing on the root causes, and not just treating a bunch of symptoms. and with this very focused and passionate medical professional comes a delightfully irreverent and brilliantly sarcastic personality. so put on your big girl panties and expect a strong dose of reality without the sugar coating. he is a real treat! i actually look forward to appointments and find myself scheduling early, just because i miss him.

August 24th, 2012

Needs Help

I believe Dr.Bartiss is skilled in his area of expertise. However, administratively, the office is a mess. Can't get phone calls returned in a timely manner, staff communications with pharmacies are inaccurate and negligent, staff doesn't get back to you with information requested and staff personality could use a face lift! In general, attention to detail is sorely lacking which causes patient stress.