Dr. Mark Baucom MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Atlanta, GA

• Good
  • Bad

January 27th, 2017
not for fat transfer or lipo
Dr Baucom may be good at dermatology, but he is not a plastic surgeon. He really messed up my face and stomach. He did a fat transfer on my face, for which I required an expensive corrective surgery that didn't help, and lipo on my stomach, which left me with uneven, sagging skin. He couldn't fix any of the permanent bad work he did and was cheerfully dismissive of my concerns. This kind of work should only be done by a licensed plastic surgeon.

October 9th, 2015
Dr. Baucom treated scars on my son's hand and leg. He made a nervous middle-schooler comfortable and results were great. I would absolutely recommend him. One of the most caring doctors we have visited.

August 5th, 2015
Beware the office staff
Dr. Baucom may be the most gifted and compassionate physician in Atlanta, but I will never know. His front desk clerks and the office manager refused to let me complete the patient forms that they don't provide on their website unless I stood, which is painful for me b/c of severe arthritis. His office manager and the two clerks snickered at me when I told the manager I didn't believe her statement that not one of Dr. Baucom's patients had arthritis and thus trouble standing to complete the forms. The office manager then told me I was free to move one of the waiting room chairs to the clerk's desk to complete the forms. (If a person has trouble standing without pain, how could he or she move office furniture without pain?) I asked the clerks and the manager if they were familiar with the ADA but drew blank stares. The manager then challenged me on every part of the consent forms I had completed. While I had to continue standing. The manager wanted to know what my "attitude" was about, so I guess being disabled means you have an attitude. At the outset, the clerks were not rude, but they were not courteous, either. ("I need this, I need that," not "could you please give me?") The office manager took that to an entirely different level, however. My caution: don't go here if you have arthritis or rely on the ADA's protections.

April 14th, 2014
Best Ever!!!
From the moment I walked in the door it was the most beautiful office I have ever seen. The staff was extremely courteous and made u feel very welcome. When I met with Dr Baucom he could tell that I was nervous about having my cosmetic procedure, he explain everything in great details and answered all my questions without me having to ask. During the procedure he kept making sure that I was comfortable and was doing ok, which made me feel at ease. I had the best experience ever and would HIGHLY recommend Dr Baucom and staff.

February 21st, 2014
Get it in writing
Dr Baucom is very personable, but when asked about risks for the fat transfer to the face that he recommended, he insisted me there were few, named them, but failed to mention the risk of scar tissue and overfilling, both of which happened to me. He messed up my face. I would give anything to have never set foot in his office. It has been over 5 years now, and the damage he did to my face worsens with time.

August 23rd, 2013
the best
saw dr baucom at his peachtree-dunwoody rd address. everything about his office, his staff and of course him was beyond expectations - knowledgeable, prompt, courteous, kind and even a good sense of humor. he and kim, his assistant, actually took time to answer my questions which were probably silly to them but they answered will sincerity and politeness. almost makes me want to be sick again just for the great service.

March 28th, 2013
Best experience ever at surgical procedure
I had the pleasure of seeing Dr Baucom at his Atlanta location, from the moment I step into his office until the time I left, it was a pleasure. I was truly nervous about my surgerical procedure however his staff quickly made me feel comfortable and assured me that everything would be okay. Once the doctor entered the room and examined the area of concern, i was truly okay. He assured me that what i was told previously was not necessarily true. He explained in details what he was going to do and what to expect afterwards. In short, Dr Baucom and staff was wonderful. I would highly recommend this provider of wonderful service to everyone. Last but certainly not least, at about 8pm the night of my surgery, I received a phone call from the doctor himself, not a nurse or assistant but the doctor himself checking on me.....Great!

January 4th, 2012
Mrs. Amy Worthy
I found Dr. Baucomb and his staff to be extremely knowledgeable and friendly. I had read an earlier review that said that Dr. Baucomb did not have a good bedside manner and did not care about the scar that the patient had. I did NOT find this to be true at all! Dr. Baucomb and his staff had one of the best bed side manners I have experienced and I have been in the medical field for over 10 years. I also enjoyed the manner in which Dr. Baucomb related to the Interns and Residents that were following him in his practice that day. I would definately recommend Dr. Baucomb!

July 19th, 2011
Unbelievable surgeon!
Dr Baucom removed a melanoma from the side of my eye using Mohs procedure. I ended up with a scar down the side of my face that is now invisible several years later.

July 5th, 2010
I have been to several Dermatologists, this office is by far the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 26th, 2016