Dr. Mark Beckner MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Orlando, FL

3.1

January 9th, 2017
Great, unless you're a workman's comp patient.
If you are workman's comp, he will flip flop depending on his mood as to the care you get. Then he will try to get you dismissed and screwed. Don't let him touch you in surgery.

January 25th, 2016
Excellent surgeon!

September 11th, 2015
The most arrogant physician I've ever gone to. He could care less about your well being especially if you are a workers comp case. He would rather make sure he's on the good side of the insurance company than giving you an accurate diagnosis.

September 3rd, 2015
Contradictory reviews
The reviews are so contradictory it leaves one wondering. Does he have good days, bad days, overbooked schedules? If we encounter the same negative side some have reported, we are better prepared to get his attention, not let him rush us, go over the details, and get the medical attention we expect. We are better aware we may have to handle him and not let him handle us. We had to give a rating in order to submit our comments, thus only 3 stars, until we have been seen and can comment further.

July 22nd, 2015
Rude, doesn't listen & full of himself
I was referred to this doctor to check on a cervical spine issue and I was treated like a dog. Once I finally got to see Beckner after waiting on that stinky waiting room (smelled like dirty feet and looked old and dirty) of Jewett Orthopaedic in Winter Park, FL, the doctor came in very fast, did not listen what I was trying to describe, walked away in the middle of our conversation to look for my MRI that he did not have (apparently CDI didn't forward to him). He comes back with a copy of my diagnosis still doesn't listen, talked about the surgery for replacing my disc with a metal one through my neck as if it was a normal thing like going to the park. What most bothered me besides the rudeness was that he didn't take the time to listen or to explain, not even a little about my condition. Did not show images or my MRI and didn't seem he wanted to talk about other alternatives. Surgery was the first thing he brought up. Yes, he is a surgeon but I believe he should have been more humane. I don't see surgery as he sees and I also believe on the risks involved. I do not recommend this doctor if the human factor is one of your requirements.

July 2nd, 2015
Glad I Found This Orthopedic Surgeon
After living with chronic back pain for a few years, I went to Dr. Beckner for a second opinion. During my visit I asked many questions, and he was in absolutely no hurry. He listened well, and after a brief examination of reflexes and strength in leg, he ordered a new MRI. When I returned to learn the results, he showed me my MRI on the computer and assured me that, although I have some minor spinal problems, surgery would not help me. He explained further that he only does surgery on patients that he knows will have an excellent chance of improvement of pain. As a patient, I know that there are some doctors out there who will do surgery on anyone with a spinal complaint. Back surgery can leave a person with worse pain from scarring or further nerve damage. I'm grateful I found Dr. Beckner. He had a great bedside manner, didn't rush me on either of my visits, and fully explained the MRI findings and answered all of my questions. Unfortunately, not all back pain means that back surgery will help.

May 15th, 2015
Didnt fix problem, horrible bedside manner, staff terrible
After my surgery i am experiencing even more pain than before. He keeps saying he doesnt know why and orders new imaging. His staff generally have displayed a negative attitude to me when trying to get in as soon as possible. The imaging center he referred me to refused to give me a cooy of my scans, and told me i was unable to use his order to go anywhere else. His staff often misses followup details after the visit like new appt scheduling and notes for work. Not impressed. As soon as i can, i will be leaving his care.

September 9th, 2014
Successful procedure!
I'm very grateful to Dr. Beckner for an accurate diagnosis, a successful surgical procedure and giving me sound advice. I had awful back and leg pain -- and I needed to use a walker to avoid falling because of muscle spasms. Thanks to surgical procedure, I had immediate relief from the pain. And with physical therapy, I was able to resume regular activities (without a walker) after six weeks. I couldn't ask for more in terms of a successful outcome.

July 26th, 2013
I found him to be very down to earth, I appreciate the fact that he didn't promise anything, as nothing is promised. I have had cervical fusions from him, scarring is not bad, have great mobility...love the fact that he explains whats going on and will share mri/xrays as well...would def. recommend.

January 14th, 2011
Do not know why the surgery did not work
Those were his exact comments. You expect to get better or stay the same, not to get worse.

September 22nd, 2009
I waited about two hours to be seen. The doctor was full of himself and didn't seem to care when I explained my concerns on what was going on with my back. He only cared about what he had to say. I am definitely getting a second opinion. I was very disappointed.