Dr. Alan Berg MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2017
Refreshing
I have discussed my back pain with Dr. Berg on numerous occasions. He is not quick to dole out pain killers, and instead prefers to try natural remedies. He is blunt and to the point, not trying to sugar coat his explanations, and I find this great. All too often I have seen doctors who are great at smiling and taking my money while not giving me the straight up and up. I recommend Dr. Berg to anyone who wants a straight answer...

March 22nd, 2017
Rude and Belligerant
I went to Dr. Alan Berg for a second opinion since typically I've received excellent care from UPMC physicians. He was belligerent and rude, asking me why I was seeing him instead of the other physician. He told me, without doing any further testing, that my fatigue was due to sleep apnea. When I expressed my doubts about his diagnosis lacking many of the typical symptoms, he replied, "Rare things are rare." When I pressed further he said, "If it is not due to apnea, it is due to you being morbidly obese." I've since seen another physician that disputes his DX.

August 11th, 2016
Thankful.
Dr. Berg has handled my rheumatoid arthritis for 18 years. Because of the treatment I have received from him, I have very little deformity and have led a very active pain free life. I am thankful for his care.

July 28th, 2016
Dr. Berg is one of the nicest, professional doctors I have ever known. These negative reviews must have him mixed up with someone else. He is the only doctor that has helped me with my pain. He quit seeing patients at the office I went to, but I think that I will need to find where he is currently practicing and go there. By the way, I noticed that neither of the negative reviews have associated names. My late father always said if you can't sign you name to something, it's not worth saying.

August 18th, 2015
My test results did not validate the symptoms I was experiencing, thus he was dismissive, rude and abrupt. I was shocked to be treated so poorly by someone I sought help and answers from. A good physician keeps keeps listening to their patients and looks for answers, even when they have yet to find concrete evidence. My experience with him was "less than acceptable and/or favorable".

March 20th, 2015
Rude doctor!
I went back to see Dr. Berg after he diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia 15years earlier. This time I was bringing my daughter who was experiencing some of the same symptoms I have had. He was so rude to me and scolded me to turn my phone off and that my daughter should just suck it up and deal with her pain. I couldn't believe my ears, this was not the same doctor I had seen many years ago. It was obvious he was having burnout syndrome. I went home fuming as to how we were treated and called the office to complain to the office manager. Let's just say I was sad that there was no appology. Do not go see this man he is insensitive and a complete unprofessional.

May 15th, 2017