Dr. Mark Billante Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Billante?

January 7th, 2012

ACL Surgery

Dr. Billante did an excellent job on the surgery and I have minimal scarring. However, after asking and ensuring that Dr Billante was in network for Cigna, I am being billed for out of network charges for an assistant surgeon ($5000) and the anesthesiologist ($800). While his services and bedside manner were fantastic, the billing process has been a nightmare and I felt misled and lied to about the charges and am currently going through appeal processes.

March 20th, 2011

Dr. Billante was very professional and thorough in the exam for my child. He is a very caring and experienced doctor who took the time to answer all of my questions.

March 5th, 2011

great experience/i'd recommend

great overall experience. He is very knowledgeable, great at explaining/educating, gave a great treatment plan that began conservatively and progressed as needed. I got a second opinion which was in agreement. Great f/u, great staff...everything was great! Dr. Billante was a gem to work with and I would recommend him to anyone. 5 stars!!!

April 23rd, 2010

Achellis Tendon Rupture

I came under the care of Dr Billante after rupturing my achellis tendon during a basketball game. I initally went to an emergency care clinic that his team (Greater Austin Orthopedics) happens to share an office. I was lucky enough to skip the general practitioner and go right to the orthopedic surgeon (Dr Billante). After my injury I was due for a little good luck. My experience w/ Dr Billante has been top notch. He is very professional and well spoken. I like that he is easy to talk to and he made me feel reassured that he was going to be able to fix me. Surgery is not always the solution to this type of injury but Dr Billante went through my options and gave me his opinion. I am 33yr old and very active. Due to the severity of my injury was obvious, even to me, that it required surgery. He explained everything very thoroughly and was happy to answer my list of questions. He even called me the evening of my surgery to make sure I was doing fine. I've had two other surgeries and that was a first. The only thing I wish was different is that he had a crystal ball and stopped me from playing basketball that morning. Short of that, he has been great and I can't think of any criticism. Keep up the good work Dr. Billante.

July 31st, 2009

Almost had an unnecessary surgery

Was told my teenage son had a torn tendon and he would need surgery and 6-8 weeks of physical therapy, twice a week. It took almost 5 weeks to get in to see the doctor, to have an MRI done, and to get back to find out the results. My son was annoyed by the wait and that he'd already been in a sling the whole time and figured his arm was healing by now so we opted to not have the surgery.Three months later he hurt his shoulder while at Schlitterbahn, so we took him to another doctor. In a week and a half this second doctor saw him twice, had an MRI done and had a diagnosis. From looking at the MRI done the first time he couldn't see what Dr. Billante was seeing, meaning the torn tendon. His diagnosis was a strain and physical therapy was recommended to help strengthen the shouler.My son almost had an unnecessary surgery to his shoulder and 2 months of physical therapy twice a week because of Dr. Billante.

October 7th, 2017