A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Birns:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Birns is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Birns, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Birns graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Birns has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Suburban Hospital
- Shady Grove Adventist Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Theodore Birns MD is a male Internist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Mark T. Birns practice?
- Dr. Mark Birns has 4 office locations.
Dr. Mark Birns practices Gastroenterology near Gaithersburg, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Rockville, MD and Ijamsville, MD.
See Gaithersburg Gastroenterologists.