Dr. Mark Blechner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Blechner?

May 23rd, 2017

Patient who had the negative review has to be an error and or inserted on the wrong Doctor

I am in the heath care field, and worked with MANY doctors, so it is very easy for me to tell the quality/abilities in a short period of time. Dr. Blechner is like a very rare diamond, hard to find, and once you have found him, ya never want to lose him. Since my history is very complicated, I need a highly skilled and educated doctor. Not just his area of expertise, but has a wide knowledge base of multiple system diseases. Certainly if he does not know, he admits this is not an area of comfort, and will reach out to other colleges for their help. Over many of my professional years, witnessed MD's act as if they knew everything, but clearly knew nothing. Doctors must have humility and confidence in their abilities (qualities Dr. Blechner has). They should never be egotistical, or act as if they know something when they don't . The last 2 qualities you do NOT want in a doctor . In our current world, most patients have another condition or multiple conditions, requiring essential communication between specialties. Dr. B collaborate with each of my other specialist, to be sure all my needs were covered before surgery, during and after. Expect when using him to consult on a condition, he spends a lot of time to review testing already done, order any testing he needs to make an accurate diagnosis. Once a diagnosis is established, then each treatment option is explained (in patient language, not high level medical terms). Also expect him to review the benefit & possible downside of each option. Followed by ampule time to ask as many questions. Despite his preferred treatment for your condition, he will tell you all possible options. He will always consider performing the treatment a patient prefers, but understand, if your preference is too risky/dangerous, he has the right to decline to perform that treatment, and he will tell you exactly why. For these reasons, a patient going in for a consultation should expect it is possible to wait 20-30 min. While this is frustrating, you at least know when he is examining you, he is focused on your case and provides this exact same care and time. If he is only performing post op visits, you likely won't wait at all.. After my surgery, it was often relayed to me by my hospital nurse that Dr. B just called to check in and then address any post op issues/make adjustments to your hospital care. If any post op concerns occur once discharged, you can expect to be called regularly by his assistant to check how things are going once you are at home. I hope who every posted something so negative will take that down, since it is far from accurate. Not saying bad day could not have occurred, just saying that is not Dr. B's normal. HIGHLY RECOMEND HIM FOR SPINAL CARE NEEDS,

June 17th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Blechners for over two years. During that time, he has shown compassion and a willingness to provide conservative treatment. Dr. Blechner does not make rash decisions and fully explains treatment plans and conditions. I would highly recommend him.

June 10th, 2011

would never go back

Personally, I can say, he is the worst doctor I have met. He is not caring nor understanding. Completely ignores the patients response and is very adamant on what he thinks and not what the patient feels or thinks. I saw him for 6 months and regret it, mostly because during this time, I could not find a doctor that would take my insurance and would allow to a soon appt. He failed to diagnose me many times, and my primary care doctor was puzzled and decided to send me somewhere else. I am glad he did, because of his negligence of not paying attention to my symptoms or care, I am sure I would have been better by now. The lack of care left me where I am now. But God willing, I will move on. After telling people this story, I learned he has that reputation, and mind you this is not just one or two people, I spoke with various people and professionals in the field, who also said the same about him. Therefore, I would not go back and would not recommend anyone there. By the way, there office staff is the worst organized people out there.

June 17th, 2017