Dr. Mark Bloomstine MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

August 24th, 2016
Good experience.
Went for a consult today. Doing surgery next week. Great examination, went over options, decided for surgical intervention. Great experience so far.

June 20th, 2016
Never again!!!!

February 19th, 2016
Right course, right Dr.
After an ER visit due to a skiing accident, had to see an orthopedic surgeon and saw Dr. Bloomstine, who explained my issues and options for treatment. We agreed on surgery, which reduced my pain substantially and immediately. Although not fully healed, I am confident I will regain full functionality.

May 4th, 2015
Hippocratic oath - meaningless
uncooperative, rude, incompetent- I left humiliated and in tears

April 25th, 2015
they laughed at my type written reason for visit. I went for a mortons neuroma was given a foot xray and told to get an orthotic. No follow up visit no concern or diagnosis waste of money.

August 27th, 2014
Ridiculous
After having problems for over a year with my femur, I knew I needed to see a specialist. Calling to make an appointment should have made me back off right away, but I still went through with the appointment. I called and told them I was in pain after having a rod in my femur since 2006. They told me to send over my records and they will get back to me if they're interested. Last time I checked we don't have a Dr. House in town that only accepts cases they find interesting. I came in for my appointment and once I got settled into my room I met with the Dr. He asked me what was going on. I told him I was in pain and haven't been able to do any physical activity since the past year because even walking hurt. Also asked me if I took painkillers such as tylenol and ibuprofen. I told him that it won't help getting rid of the symptom only mask the pain. As if that was an option. He felt around and couldn't specify anything and said my X-rays look perfect. Being 21 and having problems for the past year, I got a bit emotional because I felt hopeless that no one can find what's wrong. He told me that I'm only feeling like this because I am letting my emotions get to me. ( Are you serious? That is seriously the rudest comment I have ever heard from a doctor). He told me it has nothing to do with the rod and pushed me to do physical therapy( even though I already have issues walking). Pretty much got rid of me. Thanks Doc. If I knew I was going to get someone like you I wouldn't have wasted my time.

July 13th, 2014
beware
condescending, rude, and disrespectful

March 25th, 2013
Shocked
I needed surgery on a foot that I could barely walk on without major pain. His first told me he couldn't help me. He said I needed a podiatrist. I showed him my x-ray. He said, now I see what you are talking about. He still didn't think I should be talking with him. He was a surgeon, not a podiatrist. I had difficulty putting my sock back on my foot. I have physical disabilities that are apparent. It was about 3:00pm. He actually said, "Hey Lady, we will need to close by the time you get that sock on." I couldn't believe my ears. He was actually poking fun at my expense. What type of "professional" makes you feel worse walking out the door than walking in. The joke was on me, I actually picked him to consult, I thought he looked kind in his photo. NOT. I did have surgery by a professional foot surgeon in Pittsburgh. I have never been treated so badly by a Physician. Beware.

April 26th, 2012
Rude and uncaring.R
I would rather have a doctor that was running behind and made me wait, then to be treated like you were at a car body shop. He was very condescending, rough, uncaring and does not like questions. I will not go back to that office with any other injuries.