A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Blumenkranz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Blumenkranz is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Blumenkranz
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Blumenkranz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Blumenkranz, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Retinal Necrosis Syndrome
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Choroidal Neovascularization
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Vitreous Hemorrhage
Education & Awards
Dr. Blumenkranz graduated from Brown University, Providence. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Blumenkranz has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Sequoia Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Blumenkranz MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Mark Blumenkranz practice?
- Dr. Mark Blumenkranz has 1 office location.
Dr. Mark Blumenkranz practices Ophthalmology near Palo Alto, CA.
See Palo Alto Ophthalmologists.