A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Blumenkranz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Blumenkranz is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Blumenkranz, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Retinal Necrosis Syndrome
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Choroidal Neovascularization
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Vitreous Hemorrhage
Education & Awards
Dr. Blumenkranz graduated from Brown University, Providence. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Blumenkranz has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Sequoia Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Scott Blumenkranz MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Mark S. Blumenkranz practice?
- Dr. Mark Blumenkranz has 3 office locations.
Dr. Mark Blumenkranz practices Ophthalmology near Palo Alto, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Menlo Park, CA.
See Palo Alto Ophthalmologists.