3.0

Worst Dr. Ever show details Worst Dr. Ever
Jun 1st, 2015

The 1st time I visited Dr. Borchert I was referred to him by a Doctor who is an expert in treating crossed eyed kids. My ex-wife and I were seeking a 2nd opinion because my wife believed that my son did not need the glasses that the expert had prescribed, due to her having seen my son respond to both small, close objects, and objects far away. To my amazement and the amazement of the Dr. who gave the original diagnosis, Dr. Borchert declared, "if he's seeing both near and far, he can go without glasses". When I told this news to the 1st doctor, he was in complete shock. Over the years, my son's severe crossed eyed condition did not improve so I revisited both doctors once again. The 1st doctor felt that my son needed both glasses and surgery. He again sent us to Borchert for a 2nd opinion. I revisited Dr. Borchert and he agreed. He also conveyed a sense of urgency and part of the reason for this urgency was due to that my son had not been wearing glasses. This contradiction to his earlier diagnosis was horrific. Borchert had squandered years while my son's situation became less repairable due to Borchert having side tracked my son from wearing glasses. My son is now in jeopardy of only being able to see out of 1 eye and therefore will not have depth perception because of Borchert. As if this news wasn't upsetting enough, I began to ask the doctor every question that I could think of concerning the surgical procedure and what possibilities might arise if I decided to proceed. Dr. Borchert became visibly annoyed and actually said to me, "I don't get paid for consultations, I get paid to do surgery". I was livid! I assured him I would not be proceeding without asking every question. I continued with my line of questions only to learn that the surgery that he was recommending that I go forward with had tremendous risk. I learned after asking him a very pointed question, that as my son gets older, he risks going wall eyed. This risk is greater if my son does not wear glasses after the surgery. My son has intellectual disabilities so it is very difficult to guarantee that he will wear glasses, and it is unlikely that he will ever have binocular vision due to Dr. Borchert's original misdiagnosis having cost us years of retraining his eyes. I hate this man. I think he is a sociopath. He is an egomaniac who needs to see a psychologist. He has no care or compassion for anyone other than himself. I wish I would have walked straight to the administrative offices and complained. I wish I had recorded these meetings because I'd like to sue him.

Still can't believe this doctor's behavior show details Still can't believe this doctor's behavior
Nov 2nd, 2014

This doctor had a quick look at my son. Then he practically ran out of the room as soon as he realized I had questions and did not understand my son's eye problems, and was tearful over my son's situation. I still don't understand his condition since I barely had any time with this doctor who was too busy to bother to explain anything. I was very upset after taking a day off of work to have a doctor outwardly show exasperation pretty much as soon as he entered the room, then practically run out of the room. My son has a lot of health problems and we see a lot of doctors. Dr. Borchert is by far THE WORST. I was actually stunned. Will be finding another doctor.

Mother show details Mother
Aug 31st, 2012

This eye doc was very rude and clearly showed that he could not care less about my daughter. My daughter has a condition where her optical nerves are small and she is blind. He barked at me, telling me the news that my daughter is blind. I can't believe he told me in such a cold, rude, uncaring way. He was not even sitting down when he told me. He in fact stood over me while I sat, holding my baby, and told me curtly that she'll never see, then turned on his heel and walked out of the room. He stood so he could get out of the room faster, I assume. I did not even have a chance to ask a question after the news. I've never been to a doctor that clearly showed that he could not care less about my daughter. This doctor may be at a great hospital, but the truth is - he really doesn't care about his patients! Do you want to bring your child to see a doc that quite frankly DOES NOT CARE????

The Best show details The Best
by Laurice H at Insider Pages on Sep 14th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Borchert has been my son`s doctor since he was an infant. He is now 15 years old and I am absolutely satisfied with the care we have rec...

Jan 12th, 2010

--Very competent/capable and concerned with my daughter's vision--Tends to be somewhat condescending and treats my questions, concerns and opinions as insignificant--Office staff is great, but setting appointments by phone can take MONTHS to get in

Not your typical eye doctor show details Not your typical eye doctor
by Citysearch User on Jan 6th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I am confident that Dr. Borchert has my daughter`s best interest at heart and that she is receiving the very best eye care. His office is v...

User review from Citysearch show details User review from Citysearch
by Citysearch User on Apr 7th, 2004 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Borchert specializes in pediatric opthamology. He is great with kids with special needs.