Mark H Bouffard IV, MD

73271 Fred Waring Dr
Ste 102
Palm Desert, CA 92260
760-776-7999
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  SARCASTIC AND VERY RUDE/ STAFF OBNOXIOUS AND VERY RUDE  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2014

DR. MARK HENRY BOUFFARD IS A VERY SARCASTIC SMART MOUTH WITH A VERY ODD SARCASTIC DEMEANOR AND BEHAVIOR. DR. MARK HENRY BOUFFARD MADE MY WIFE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND VERY ANXIOUS EVERY TIME SHE WENT THERE AND HE EVEN MADE HER CRY DURING HER OFFICE APPOINTMENT WITH HIS RUDE SMART MOUTH COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS. I WOULDN'T LET HER GO TO HER APPOINTMENTS ANYMORE BY HERSELF,, BECAUSE OF HIS BEHAVIOR TOWARDS MY WIFE.

|  show details
Sep 10th, 2013

I like the doctor very much. He tries different things. I mean if he does not hit the spot that hurts yu, he tries another spot. He is very patient too.

|  RN  |  show details
by Judith on Aug 11th, 2013

I absolutely disagree with the anti-Semite opinions. Dr. Bouffard started treating my father-in-law 2 months after he was diagnosed with liver cancer with metastasis to the bones (primarily along the spine) and the lungs. He was in a great deal of pain especially from the tumors on the cervical and lumbar regions. The tumor on the lumbar region was so big that it caused a fracture on the spine. Dr. Bouffard spent the time to listen to my father-in-law. He discussed different options and let my father-in-law decide what would work the best to make him comfortable. Then, Dr. Bouffard developed a care plan that controlled the pain and helped my father-in-law enjoy the remainder of his life. In this day and age, finding a doctor like Dr. Bouffard who takes time to listen to his patients, who has good bedside manner, compassionate, and diligent is difficult to find. My family and I are so fortunate and tremendously happy to find an excellent doctor like Dr. Bouffard. There are not enough words to describe our gratitude for all the help we received and for all the support Dr. Bouffard and his staff gave us.

|  show details
by AB on Jun 20th, 2013

(RE: 'a vindictive anti-semite' comments): TOTALLY DISAGREE My grandmother was referred to Dr. Bouffard in May 2013 due to a broken wrist and right shoulder pain. Many of the doctors we had seen prior to Dr. Bouffard thought the wrist and the shoulder were all part of the same problem. However, after being evaluated by Dr. Bouffard, he told us right away that he wasn't convinced that both the wrist and shoulder were related. He took the time to look further into the problem and order additional tests. Sure enough, my grandmother had a torn rotator cuff. Thanks to Dr. Bouffard and his treatment plan, my grandmother has increased mobility in her right wrist and hand and will be having surgery next month to take care of the shoulder. I was amazed on how patient and understanding he was (and still is). Doctors like this are hard to find. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

|  Grateful sister  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2013

My sister who is a registered nurse began to suffer from severe neck pain & weakness in her arms and hands 2 years ago. I suggested she seek medical advise with Dr. Bouffard. As young as she is I was concerned about the impact pain would have on her quality of life and how it would affect her job. Dr. Bouffard ordered diagnostic imaging studies and he then treated her with cervical epidural injections that provided significant relief and gave her hope. Recently, she had a flare up and he was available immediately and treated her with one injection, again provided significant relief. Not only is Dr. Bouffard an excellent physician he is mindful of patient's sensitivity to injections, he provides options and engages his patient's in making the best decision for their treatment. I am so grateful he is my sister's pain specialist.

|  Saved my life  |  show details
by Lindsey A on May 25th, 2013

Living with cervical ridiculopathy is not easy. Quality of life is often effected by pain, limited activity level, and depression. Having a physician that understands the many levels of disability,physically and emotionally, is vital to recovery and restoration of a healthy life. Dr Bouffard has been a great advocate in my therapy. I recently had a pain crisis and again Dr Bouffard saved my life by encouraging exercises, alternative therapies, and appropriate medication management. Unlike most physicians, Dr . Bouffard doesn't believe on easy fixs and simply placing a band aid on a problem. As a patient of Dr Bouffard you should expect quality compassionate care because that's always been my experience. Thank you to the supportive medical staff for being so patient. Acute and chronic pain can cause anxiety levels to increase and the staff knew exactly how to be supportive and gentle with those feelings; as a RN I know how challenging that can be. Again, thank you Dr B and staff.

|  Patient  |  show details
May 22nd, 2013

I just discovered Dr. Bouffard and was very pleased. I Found him kind, caring and very knowledgeable. He explained my options to me and helped me gain a better understanding of my problems. His staff was very friendly and kind to me as we'll. I am so happy to have found a new doctor and will be going to see him from now on!

|  In all honesty...  |  show details
by Malcolm on May 22nd, 2013

...Dr. Bouffard is one of the most spectacular physicians I have ever met. He genuinely cares about the outcomes for his patients, something that is evident in the amount of time he spends with each and every person that he treats. I've seen him time and again continue to address patient concerns (even after the visit is over!) until that person is at ease about their treatment. I have never once seen him or any of his staff treat a patient like they were anything less than gold. This, combined with his interest and discernment in new modalities, are why he is quickly becoming one of the most well-renowned physicians in the valley.

|  Dr. Mark Bouffard--EXCELLENT  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2012

I have been with Dr. Bouffard for 4 years. He is an excellent Doctor of Pain Management. He correctly diagnosed me and listened to me when I said that surgery for my degenerative disc disease and carpal tunnel syndrome among other things was completely out of the question. We investigated a number of treatment modalities and finally found the one that worked the best for me. However he left the office he was practicing out of and they do not share his treatment philosophies. So I am now booking an appointment with Dr. Bouffard at his new clinic, The Pain and Spine Center of Palm Desert. I invested a great deal of time establishing a wonderful relationship with Dr. Bouffard and will assure this continues for as long as possible.

|  Mr. Craig Alexander  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

The absolute most professional doctor I've ever been to! In my opinion he's fabulous!

|  Dr Bouchard  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

To me he is very friendly, very intelligent, and more importantly cares about the safety of his patients. I find that its almost better to stay grounded and deal with your symptoms. I really truly have learned Many Significant ways to deal with my pain management thru dr bouffards advice. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be exercising everyday and able to function because of the constant pain I have in my neck and lower back. When you have a burning pain that in a way debilitates you to the point of being miserable everyday. You begin to realize it's time to do exactly what they do pain manage . If it wasn't for dr bouffard I would have never understood what all my symptoms meant. I think he was a wonderful dr and I will look forward to continuing my service with him if possible. The office people have changed throughout the years but they do the best they can. It can be hard to understand their perspective unless you understand the complexity of the business and it's customers. I believe the try as hard as possible to make you happy while following necessary procedures. I think if I was pregnant I might not go to the office because his motive was appropriate I believe. Dr bouffard is such a caring person he wouldn't hurt a soul and he was looking out for you and your baby. You might actually thank him one day . He did go to medical school. I have a lot of respect for him as a medical professional.;)

|  horrible  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2011

I am 39 weeks pregnant and scheduled for a c-section in 2 days. Advanced Pain Management is nearly a 2 hour drive from my home but they are the closest pain management clinic to me. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, syringomyelia, Lupus, degenerative disc disease, and a herniated disc. The first time I visited Advanced Pain Management I was 6 months pregnant and just wanted to establish a relationship with them prior to having my baby. I saw Dr. Reinhart that day and he was excellent. He spent time talking to me and ordered testing and told me to come back before I had my baby. I went back today so I could get on a treatment program, as my c-section is scheduled this weekend and I knew I wouldn't be able to make the trip out there for quite some time after the surgery. Dr. Reinhart is on vacation so I saw Dr. Bouffard. He takes one look at me and says he will not treat me because I am pregnant(keep in mind, I am having my baby in only 2 days). He did offer me my money back but the office manager had left for the day and she had the only key to the safe. My fiance had taken the day off work so he could drive me down there, so his day ended up being wasted on top of the $60 we spent on gas. Plus I spent a good chunk of my morning chasing down medical records from my pregnancy to take with me. I recommend Dr. Reinhart fully but as long as Dr. Bouffard is working there, I will never go back to Advanced Pain Management.

|  A good physician  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2009

I see him for pain management