Dr. Mark Box MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 6th, 2016
Dr Box helped me find out what was going on after my MD could not. My appointments with him make me feel better physically as well as emotionally. Such a great caring Dr. as well as he always makes me laugh. See you later alligator!!!!!!!!

April 25th, 2016
Best Rheumatologist Ever!
I've been going to Dr Box for many years & am so happy with the relationship I share with him. He listens to all my concerns as they come up & he addresses them. He's even amusing. 😄 I would recommend him to my mama. 😊

January 26th, 2016
After Dr Box saw my blood test results ordered by my pcp, his nurse called me to get me in the next morning at 7:45 (before his scheduled appointments for the day). Has a great personality. Can't say that about a lot of doctors.

December 23rd, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Box for approximately 14 years, He diagnosed my condition when you others could not. I have never had the need or desire to see another rheumatologist so in my opinion he is the best that there is in Kansas City. Without his care and guidance, I would be crippled and would not be able to walk or live a productive life. There is simply no better!

December 21st, 2015
caring kind friendly i have absolute conide

May 12th, 2015
Highly recognized in his field and endorsed by patients and the Medical Community
Dr. Was recommend by the Arthritis Institute of K.C. 13 years ago. I was bed fast...he gave me my life back without strong pain meds and synvisk shots for my knees. His nurse, Cindy treated me like family. Lauren was able to inject the synvisk in the perfect spots and painless. You will be glad to visit him, as a bonus he will make you chuckle, and give you a caring pat as well as help your quality of life if you listen to him!

August 29th, 2014
You will not find a better RA doctor!
Dr. Box is a truly wonderful doctor. He listens to your concerns, is very attentive to what is going on with the patient, and has always be courteous and accurate in his treatment. If it didn't work, we moved on, and I say we because he does treat you like you are in this together. No "let's see how you are in a year, have a nice day" like others. Checks up on you, prompt responses to concerns and lab results as soon as he has them! Have been seeing him for many years now and I know my quality of life is much better than it would be without him and his great team working on my behalf.

November 8th, 2013
Hope for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome!!
Dr Mark Box is the best Rheumatologists in the Kansas City,KS and Missouri Area! He is very educated on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia among other specialities.He is the ONLY Dr of Rheumatology, which I have found, who treats these conditions with a consistent care plan. All others whom I have seen has sent me back to my PCP. These are SERIOUS, LIFE ALTERING conditions, which are still not accepted or believed, that require ongoing treatment and follow-up. I have many friends that suffer from these conditions and have yet to find a wonder doctor or any doctor to give them continued care, like Dr. Box. Thank you Dr. Box and your wonderful staff. My life is far from perfect...but I'm still alive thanks to Dr. Box!

September 27th, 2011
Doesn't care
If you have a life threatening desease he will see you in two months

July 4th, 2011
Fibromyalgia
May 1995, he diagnosed me as having fibromyalgia. I had seen almost a dozen other doctors suggesting it was all in my head. Through the years, Dr. Box remains on top of the latest therapies and medications for fibromyalgia. He is always open to my asking about new medications and tests; he thoroughly explains why it may or may not be something to try. He leaves the final decision up to me. He is a proactive doctor. He is supportive and upbeat. I wish there were more doctors like him.The only fault with his office is that the hospital has forced him to use their medical staff. KCIM is too corporate, pushing patients through with very little care and no patience. You have to go through too many people to get any kind of answer. I hate dealing with them. The attitude at the front desk is always surly. My bill is still a mess; off by $20, their fault.

May 1st, 2011
asome dr
could not find a better dr and the nurses to

March 1st, 2010
This is the one!
I was undergoing treatment for multiple joint site pain, seeing hand, knee, back, shoulder spacialists. Rhumotologists, Physiatrists, etc. After two surgeries, rotator, and medial-maniskus and diagnosed with fibromialgia in all sites I feared losing my job with five pending surgeries and sick days and FMLA rules. My MD advised I ask for disability. The numerous Doctors could not understand why I didn't start on the surgeries, and looked at ONE area not disabeling. I finally after months in bed, shingles, breakdown in my overall health won the cooperation of the Physiatrist by insisting no one area was the whole picture I was being parted out. If all doctors would just look at me as a whole, I had become obese, had sleep apnea, reatless leg, asthma and all these skelital and muscular problems plus degerative arthritis, fibromialgia.My medical case manager with Aetna had seen me through the ordeal,when all paperwork was filed with my employer the Case Manager suggested I contact the Arthritis Institute Of K.C. for a referral to a doctor they would recomend.Doctor Box was their recomendation. That was five years ago and he has given me my life back the best I can have, not surgeries until absolutely necessary, I have never felt as if I am viewed as a winer, or not really in pain. I have been treated as the strong capable person I had always been with a couple of kinks to work out.He has supported me in losing 40lbs. with a Lap Band, taken care of documentation for the disability office when needed, recomended synvisk treatments along with lap swimming.He has a sense of humor, he and his staff always give me that pat on the back as to say we get it, your fighting the good fight. Keep up the good work.