Dr. Mark Brescia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

February 16th, 2015
Missed Cancer Diagnosis For Future Mother
Brescia didn't get a blood test when I told him we were trying for children and his practice diagnosed me with thyroid cancer after my first trimester. Had he done the blood test we would've treated me before having children. There are terrible side effects to high hormone levels during pregnancy. Plus, one doctor didn't get the blood tests done correctly which lead to another month of waiting for the diagnosis. Then the last doctor for some reason wouldn't tell me what kind of cancer I had even though it was on all of the reports. I ended up spending this Christmas crying to my family that I could be giving my unborn child cancer through my blood which was not the case. They are impersonal and unprofessional.

October 3rd, 2013
Awful
I saw all the OBs in this practice through about 23 weeks of my first pregnancy, and all was fine. Then, during a routine appointment, Dr. Brescia made some very upsetting comments to me about how my baby would do at birth because of some medication I had to take while pregnant (that this office had put me on, with the understanding that it was safe for the baby!) He left me in the room crying and having a panic attack for my unborn child's health and never followed up. I wound up seeking a fetal echocardiogram to verify that my baby was doing okay. Long story short, he is (thank God) in great shape, but the ECG showed some small anomalies that the cardiologists wanted to follow for the rest of my pregnancy and in the year after. I wound up switching to a high-risk doctor (Dr. Principe, who is in the same building--he's awesome), delivering in a new hospital I had never been in (St. Joe's--also awesome), and my baby spent 3 days in the NICU for monitoring. I am so appreciative of the great medical team who took care of us, and so happy that my baby is well. But, seriously, who does that to someone?! I had to have a planned Caesarean for baby's safety, and when he was out they whisked him off to the NICU immediately. I didn't get to hold him for 24 hours. If Dr. Brescia had not made the thoughtless comments he did, I would have never sought an ECG, and would have most likely had an uneventful and pleasant birth. I am personally past it, but it is not a pregnancy experience I would wish for anyone else.

October 12th, 2012
Rude Patients!
I am a fairly new patient of Dr. Brescia's about 2 years now. I am reading these comments on here and I cannot believe what you all are writing... maybe you did have a bad day or experience, but I was in the office one day when a lady was at the front desk and was complaining about her appt, SHE WAS AN HOUR EARLY and demanded to be seen before the doctor was even in the office! My sympathy goes out to the patients who have lost a baby bc no one should ever have to go thru that, but for everyone else you have to understand that their job is not easy! Getting back to this patient, the 2 women at the front desk kept their cool (idk how) and were very nice to the woman asking her if she'd like to see another dr that was in the office and she completely thru a fit bc her dr wasnt there when she wanted him to be. totally ridiculous! yes sometimes i had to wait, but when u see dr. brescia or any of the dr's there, they spend more time with you if needed and do not kick you out, and ppl need to understand that. the staff is great and very nice, the office mgr, ehh i would agree with some ppl on here that he isn't the "greatest" but their office is so busy, i dont understand how they do it. Before taking some of these ppl's advice NOT to see dr. brescia, you should see for yourself and then determine if u like him or not, bc i certainly do and i rec. him and the other dr's to my family and friends and no 1 has had anything bad to say, but thats why everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i love the staff and all the dr's bc they really do care.

September 14th, 2012
long time pt 10yrs labor nurse
i have been an L&D nurse in some of the suposed best hosp in the area, NYU and hackensack. ive worked with many obs. by far br brescia is the finest most professional physician i have ever worked with. i left my "famous" hackensack dr and had dr brescia and his associates take over my care. I happened to be the nusre on the day of the delivery of the patient whose baby died and i can tell you her story is untrue and borders on malice. i have shown dr brescia this site and i am amazed he is not seeking legal action against the pt Ms. j MAI. dr brescia was deeply moved by what happened to that couple and he spent time with them and was extremly compassionate. all you haters out there should get a life, get counseling and most of all get a new dr so more openings for us

July 9th, 2012
Office stuff is rude
Last time when I visited this office I had to wait for 2 hours to see my doctor. I was hesitant about making my annual appointment, but I called because I really like Dr. Chin. The phone person was so rude to me over the phone so I changed my mind and decided to take my business elsewhere. I had problems with their staff in the past and this was their last chance.

May 31st, 2012
I lost my baby 5 days before my due date partially because of Dr. Brescia
I still can't believe this thing happened to my family even it happened several months ago. And now I want to stand out and tell my story and opinion about this Dr who brought all my happiness away. Be careful to choose OB, because even if all test results look perfect, the caring and answers OB provides sometimes will change your life. Long story short,I lost my baby just 5 days before due date due to tight knot on his cord. Everything goes smooth throughout my pregnancy. 2-D ultrasound is unable to diagnose the knot and when I said,'Baby is moving less these days', Dr Brescia just said'You should feel the movement throughout the day.'and he left the room. He almost paid no attention to my situation, as an experienced doctor he should have told me that it could be dangerous, in fact it is. Actually, this answer directly caused my family to lose the baby. Based on my case, I would never recommend anyone go to his office

April 30th, 2012
Office Service HORRIBLE!!!
Office staff was horrible with patient insurance and co-pays. Made me pay a max co-pay for an routine checkup (which there was suppose to be NO co-pay). Took 4 months to issue a refund to me and that was only after calling my insurance company and threaten a complaint against them. Horrible office manager and staff. A good doc lost a patient due to them. Would never go back.

April 13th, 2012
Billing Issues
Their overall service is good, however, their billing department and office manager lack professionalism and courtesy. The office charged me and my insurance for the same visit. Talk about trying to be slick. I have been calling them multiple times weekly over the last month and 1/2 and have not received a call back! They are just not willing to give me the refund that I am due. It is just shows how money hungry they really are! I just tried calling today and am now resorting to posting my reviews on all sites and put a complaint to the better business bureau. This shouldn't be so difficult. I hope no one else runs into billing issues with them.

February 9th, 2012
Just avoid IRMS!
I like Dr. Brescia's practice except they desperately need a sonogram machine. However if he refers you to IRMS in Livingston, do not go there! Find better doctors in the city. IRMS runs an unethical practice where they push Lupron and pretend IVF is safe. You will not be well advised of the risks of your treatment there. Personally, I was butchered.

December 14th, 2011
Dr. Brescia and his staff are excellent. I've never felt uncomfortable and he and his staff make you feel like you can ask questions about your body. I've been to a couple of doctors who have been the complete opposite. They have been incredibly well with follow up after appointments and are very skilled and caring in their practice. For a woman in my 20's I feel extremely comfortable with this doctor and his staff!

November 18th, 2011
609 washington street Hoboken is terrible office. Inattentive nonprofessional doctors. Silly nurses. I recommend to come nobody here.

October 10th, 2011
insensitive and incompetent
if you want a doctor who talks to you nicely during your appointments and delivery he is the one. you can very well take services from a midwife who have good bedside manners. if you want someone competent in the field,look somewhere else. they don't even have an ultra sound in their office their system sucks big time, nobody returns the call and they are good at making up lies and excuses!!i had to go to their office in person during an emergency, after the nurse did not get back to me in 1-2 hours and when i went there, dr. brescia was walking and standing lazily in the corridor and so were some nurses. nobody cared to attend to my case for an hour or update us on what is going on, until i went and complained loudly in the reception, and then a nurse attended to my case, and the doctor never bothered to acknowledge my existence(i was not looking for his consulting,but at least some compassion after he knows that i lost my pregnancy that day!) so rude and arrogant!!all of them except one kind lady in the reception...i will never forget that day! if there is a god, they will pay for their arrogance and lack of sympathy some day...