Dr. Mark Bromberg Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mark Bromberg?

Posted on March 21st, 2015

Dr. Bromberg's diligence in researching ways to help my condition has resulted in my being able to live an almost normal life. I am very grateful to him for his kindness and perseverence.

Posted on February 6th, 2015

He was very rude! I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Posted on January 29th, 2015

He told me I had ALS, with one to three years to live. Get all my family prepared for this. There is nothing we can do for you. If you want a second opinion, go out of state. It is now three years since I have seen him. I still work part time, workout, walk, talk, and eat normal. Doctors elsewhere ( including the Cleveland Clinic) tell me they do not believe I have ALS.

Posted on December 19th, 2014

Do NOT waste your time or money seeing Mark Bromberg!!

WARNING, WARNING!!

Posted on May 7th, 2013

I was sent to Mark Bromberg in March, 2012 by my ENT who discovered that my left vocal fold was paralyzed. I also had dysphagia and esophageal dysmotility so he felt I needed a neuromuscular consultation. He referred me to Bromberg. After waiting about an hour I was taken back to an exam room where a Resident (she might have been a Fellow) met me and asked why I was there. She had a thick Romanian accent and was a little difficult to understand. I explained that my ENT had sent me to see if I had an underlying neuromuscular disorder was causing my symptoms. She kept asking why I was there and I kept explaining that I had left vocal fold paralysis, dysphagia and dysmotility and she kept asking why I was there. Finally she decided to just go on with the "standard" exam. She left and same back with the good doctor. If I'd known that the fun was just about to begin I would have been out of there so fast. He came in and asked why I was there. He then proceeded to tell me he "wouldn't be addressing any of those problems." He did tell me that whatever I might have would be genetic and since "you probably have children who are just starting their careers and having their families, do you really want to know what's wrong? If you find out you'll have to decide what to tell them and then they're going to have to decide what to do. Don't you think that will be a stressful thing to put them through?" I was so stunned and angry that this "professional" would think that I hadn't gone over all these scenarios already and that he felt it his place to lecture me about "ethics" instead of caring for a PATIENT!! If he has all these issues about treating seriously ill patients because they might have to tell their families maybe he should retire to a think tank. Shame on the "U" for allowing this kind of doctor to continue to practice in any of their clinics let alone one that sees some of the most seriously ill patients. Patients who are looking for, if not cures, at least competence and compassion. I finally filled out this survey because even my husband and children are still angry. To top it all off, this man who spent 10 minutes with me, sent a "Letter of Attestation" stating that he was personally present for and observed the testing. ONLY IF HE WAS A FLY ON THE WALL!!

Gratitude

Posted on July 14th, 2012

I consider Dr. Bromberg to be a most caring and interested physician. My condition rendered me totally helpless although I was not paralyzed; the muscles did not function. He tried several treatments until he found one that was effective. He visited me in both the hospital and the nursing home. Now that I have regained a good part of my former health, he continues to follow my progress with interest. I am very grateful to Dr. Bromberg.

Total waste of time and money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on January 28th, 2012

Waited 5 hrs to see Dr. Bromberg maybe 10 min. He refused to look at any diagnostic test, said there was nothing wrong with me and that I needed counseling. Pointed out my abnormal nerve conduction study, barium swallow, etc....he just ignored it and demeaned my referring physician for doing the tests. Told me to breathe in a paper bag for my severe tetany like spasms! Very short, blunt, insulting and demeaning,etc!!!

How is this guy still in practice?

Posted on August 6th, 2011

Do not waste your time, money and health seeking advice and/or care from this Physician! I have NO IDEA how this Doctor is still practicing medicine! I wish I would have read the other patient's bad reviews before having gone to him... they are correct! He has a VERY poor bedside manner, no answers, no advice. You will feel like a crazy person, and then contemplate becoming one (making it very clear why he runs out of the room)! He does not even allow you to finish a sentence when you are asking a question. The only positive thing I have to say about this doctor is that he recommended a very good place to eat while waiting for him to get us in hours after our scheduled appointment. The sixth floor of the Huntsman Cancer Institute... Yummy food with a beautiful view of Salt Lake City. He spent more time giving us lunch advice than he did on my health care. He is the only physician that runs the test I was having done in the state of Utah, or I would have never gone to him in the first place. I am SO happy with my regular neurologist and am grateful that I will NEVER be back in an office with Dr. Bromberg again! Utah, PLEASE train other Physicians and allow these SFEMG tests to be run by other more competent Doctors. It is VERY sad that we aren't given another option for PROPER care and treatment!

Blew me off

Posted on June 15th, 2011

Treated me as if nothing was wrong with me. Saw a neurologist finally who saw the problem as obvious and could not understand how doctor could have missed my problem.

Years of suffering

Posted on September 9th, 2010

I saw Dr Bromberg because of ongoing weakness and atrophy years ago. He dismissed it as aniexty and refused to do any follow up. Several residents disagreed with him and he got mad. He said he can tell by looking at someone if they have a disease and told me to go home. I had limited insurance options so I went home and hoping I would get better finally when I was in a wheelchair from severe atrophy I went to another state and was properly diganosised. I lost precious years of quality life.

Posted on October 24th, 2017