Internists, Pediatrician
5880 Rand Blvd
Ste 200
Sarasota, FL 34238
941-923-5882
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Good Doctor, Bad Office Staff  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2014

I like Dr. Brus, but his front desk staff is the worst. They're so bad I'm thinking about not going back because they never smile, speak in a rude manner and are generally not people I want to deal with. The person that checks you out (older woman) is always on the phone when I check out and it is very clear that she's talking to friends, not someone at work. Dr. Brus is great, but his staff needs some reworking.

|  Dr. Brus did what no other doctors were able to do  |  show details
by Suzanne Fisher on Jul 2nd, 2013

I had broken my jaw in several places a few years ago. Ever since that accident I have a problems with passing out for no apparent reason. i'd been to specialists, Maxillofacial surgeons and critical care doctors and had every test known to man run on me. Turns out Dr. Brus was able to help me with the problem. I had an overly sensitive nerve from the broken jaw. A simple heartburn pill was able to cure all my problems. Something so simple yet no other doctors were able to figure it out. I think he was able to figure it out because he really listened to me and took all possibilities in account. Thank you Dr. Brus.

by Millie on May 9th, 2013

I think Dr. Brus because he actually listens. He also seems up-to-date on latest medical information.

|  Best doctor I ever had  |  show details
by Michael Lane on May 1st, 2013

Dr. Brus has been a terrific doctor for my entire family. He knows so much about the interrelated workings of the human anatomy and stays up to date on current medical practices and procedures. He has a daughter like mine and his love and kindness for children is evident. Unlike some places where the doctor and staff whisk you through their offices like an assembly line, he treats you as if you are the most important person in the world, treats you with utmost respect, courtesy and humor when needed. A thorough professional and if you are lucky enough to get him, you will be in very good hands, indeed.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2013

Saw Dr Brus as new patient, after almost 15 years with same doctor changing was a bit confronting. Must say Dr Brus was easy to talk to and he listens. Think Dr Brus is a real good doctor, did some things my former doctor never did but needed to done. Over all my highest approval.

|  Just a Nujmber  |  show details
May 5th, 2012

DO NOT go to this doctor unless you prefer an office staff and doctor to treat you as just a number. My son was ill and I called to make appointment. The receptionist is the 'triage' nurse with no medical background. She would not give me an appointment until 2 weeks later because my son had not been recently by Dr. Brus recently. I told the receptionist that my son is very rarely sick. I asked to speak to a nurse to discuss my son's symptoms. I was told by the office manager that 'nurses do not work in doctor's offices, they are not needed'. The office manager told me to go to a walk in clinic. I called Dr. Carola Fleener's office. My son was a new patient but they gave me an appointment the next morning. It turns out that my son had an acute right ear infection and bronchitis. Dr. Fleener said it was good that my son was seen before it turned into pneumonia. Bottom Line: if you want the receptionis and office manager determining when you should be seen by the doctor, go to Dr. Brus, othewise continue to go to the walk in clinic.

May 12th, 2011

Since she turned 21 it became necessary for my daughter to change from a pediatrician. Living with multiple serious chronic illnesses she became close to her former doctor who was extremely involved in her health care. Her fears of having to deal with an un-caring and unseasoned doctor disappeared after meeting with Dr. Brus. He is everything one could hope for in a physician, plus some. We feel privileged to have him on board for our family's needs.

|  Just moved here  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

Thought Dr Brus was friendly and he definitely knew his stuff. He was familiar with the immunisations given in the UK vs immunisations in US for my daughter so I was pretty happy. He also said he has a closer office to my house in case of emergencies (that don't warrant an ER visit) all in all I thought he was a good doctor and gave good personal care. I did not feel rushed at all.

by Darlene jones on May 19th, 2010

when i need to see my DR. i know i am getting the care and treatment i know is from a caring staff and DR. they take time to listen and find what is the best way to take care of me and my family. i have and will send friends to this office. thank you all for the respect and care.

Jun 25th, 2009

a dull doctor. has no personality. does not respond to needs and/or complaints.

|  It's a factory... with no care for your time  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2009

Appointments were made for 10-minute intervals. I waited over 50 minutes to get to an exam room and see a nurse to get some health details, and another 10 minutes for the Doctor. I was rushed through my appointment with a Doctor who doesn't really listen to what you say.Stay away!