Dr. Mark Burt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 1st, 2016
He is an excellent doctor. He has done surgery on both of my knees and he did a great job. The pain I was experiencing before is gone and am able to go back to my normal activities. His bedside manner is excellent. He truly cares about his patients. I would definitely go back to him in the future if I ever need to see an orthopedic MD again.

June 13th, 2016
One of the Best Orthopedic Surgeons in the Triangle
You could look at profiles of dozens of orthopedic doctors in the Triangle and not find the right one. Let me help you in tour research. Call Dr. Mark Hurt at Triangle Orthopedics if you want one of the best. First, you get to see him right away (not weeks or months later), He does a good physical assessment of you, then gives you his diagnosis. After that gives you several treatment options and the pros and cons of each one. This doctor is top notch!

June 8th, 2016
Dr. Burt is fabulous! He did my shoulder surgery and he was so kind and caring. I am a heart patient, so I was high risk, but he worked with my cardiologist to make sure that things went safely. I am 4 weeks post op and he is still working with me to make sure I have the best possible outcome. Dr. Burt also took over my daughter's care after another provider gave us all kinds of scary outcomes. Dr. Burt was able to find the best solution for my daughter and my daughter loves him.

June 3rd, 2016
Excellent Doctor and Surgeon
I met Dr. Burt through my insurance company who recommended him. My first meeting my spirit was at peace with him. He knew exactly what needed to be done to fix my knee problems. Yes ! Surgery. I went to sleep under a man I had only seen one time for 15 mins. Woke up completely 100% ratified. My knee was fixed and without any pain. I would recommend him to any and everyone I meet from now on. He will always be my doctor and surgeon. God bless you Dr. Burt.

June 2nd, 2016
Amazing
Myself, son, and husband have all seen Dr. Burt. He is absolutely amazing. When I had to have surgery he was wonderful with explaining everything to expect, surgery day was great, and my after care was nothing but stellar.

April 8th, 2015
Best doctor best staff best operative people!
I liked the way he treated me while in his office then when at out pt surg he treated my husband with so much kindness he is the kind of man that whatever the doctor says but Dr. Burt drew him out took time with him encouraged him to ask questions! Not to many doctors take this much time with a husband! Gave him the marker pen! Linn used it for work. Never raised his voice always made sure I was comfortable any questions even up to surgery! Gave us time to think surgery went great and because he is such a great surgeon I had no post op pain nausea yes but pain no still have my full bottle of pain med. He made sure I got all the paperwork for my walker! Just wonderful man and surg would refer many people his way even told my PCP any body with ortho problems send them to him Dr. Burkhead did good sending me to Dr. Burt. The nurse Dianne at the out. Pt place got cold wash rag when I got sick headache she again involved Linn in everything that was done to me and for me just GREAT Doctor and GREAT staff both places! Thank you all very much!

January 20th, 2015
Great!
I had been to T.O.A and seen a different doctor before in the past but my insurance went out. I finally got insurance on myself and got up the nerve to call after 10 years of waiting and pain. My wait was perfect timing...Dr. Burt's staff was VERY courteous. They booked me for an appointment within a very reasonable time and they worked with me on a payment plan for my deductible and out of pocket max. My first appointment was innitial exam where he wanted an MRI done on both of my knees (second appointment), my third appointment was review of findings and a talk about the options I had and my fourth appointment was the surgery. All with in a 2.5 week span. I knew I had to have both my knees done at different times bc of my history previous doctor said that when I was just 13 years old. Well the surgery went fantastic! Dr. Burt referred me to physical therapist Clair who was great and four months later I had my other knee done by him as well. He is a great doctor! He knows what he's talking about and takes his time to inform you of your options for recovery. He dosent b.s around with you (if he can't help he will tell you and find someone who can)! My experience with him, Clair and his staff was so awesome I will never go elsewhere! I have got my husband and sister going to him as well! Thank you Dr. Burt, Clair and T.O.A staff for all your help!

September 24th, 2014
Totally my decision
I was referred from urgent care after a bad fall to be seen by Dr. Burt. It turned out the fall seemed to start a series of joint pain in my knees Not once did he say replacement to me. He told me I would know the right time, and I did. Absolutely a wonderful Dr. And after my surgeries I recommended him to everyone I saw. Excellent bedside manner, and excellent Dr./ Patient rapport. Would I choose him again? Absolutely. Thank you Doctor Burt.

July 30th, 2014
Very upsetting encounter!
I saw Dr. Burt for knee pain..after a brief exam he told me I needed a knee replacement. I asked him a few questions and to my astonishment he told me I was being "flippant"... Really? I have never had anyone make a remark like that to me! He said "get an mri" and the left the room. A short time later a nurse came in, threw some papers with exercises for torn meniscus and left. Huh? Total lack of competence..I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone!

August 13th, 2013
I would give Dr. Burt 10 stars if I could, because he is a 10 in my book. Dr. Burt is a wonderful doctor and very knowledgeable and compassionate. However, he is a good person, which means a lot. I could not recommend him enough.

February 14th, 2013
Top notch physician!!
Dr. Burt is extremely curteous and knowledgable. He takes his time to explain everything to me and so that I can understand it. He is extremely down to earth and always makes me feel at home in his presence. I've see many ortho's and physicians but none with the bedside manner and overall knowledge of this Dr. I even sent my mother to him when she tore her meniscus and he had her in and out and she has healed 100% within a few weeks. I highly recomend Dr. Burt and he will be the Dr of choice for me anytime I need an orthopedist for evealution.... as far as the office staff, they are very professional and on top of everything. They treat you with the utmost respect and are extremely efficient. my wait times are generally no more then 5 min....Overall this office, staff and Dr are the best I've ever seen.....

December 4th, 2011
Dr Burt is wonderful. I chose to go out of network and to the hospital he practices at (vs. the hospital where I work) to have both knees replaced by him even though it cost more. Having a new set of knees is going to change my life for the better.