Orthopedic Surgeons
1850 Town Center Pkwy
Suite 400
Reston, VA 20190
703-810-5202
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Misdignosis  |  show details
by James on Oct 1st, 2013

Dr. Hartley was cold, short and didn't seem to care about what I had to say. I came in with a probable knee ALC tear. He looked at the knee and signed me up for an MRI. I came back and he looked at the MRI and said my knee was fine. He suggested a brace. I knew my knee was not fine and went to the VA hospital. Usually the last place people want to go. The doctor there saw the MRI and knew something was wrong. Just had my surgery and my ACL was torn completely off. Pretty far from my knee being fine. I don't trust Dr. Hartley.

|  ACL Surgery  |  show details
by Siroos Sekhavat on Jul 19th, 2013

I had my left knee ACL replaced about 7 years back by another doctor, and i have been happy with the end result. Background: However, when finally my right knee's ACL gave out I wasn't looking forward to getting it done, because of the recovery time, the pain after surgery, and a year of my life that I cannot get back was spent on recovery. I found Dr. Hartley by researching online and didn't find too many reviews, but my old doctor did not have an early appointment so I decided to get Dr. Hartely's opinion at least. My past surgery went something like this: Entered Fairoaks hospital, got into hospital cloths, anesthesiologist introduced himself and asked to count backwards, before I got to 8 I was gone. After surgery I was in a world of pain, headache, nausea, and finally vomitted. As soon as I wiped the vomit off my face, they had me in a wheelchair, and stuffed me in the back of my parent's car. The next week I was on pain killers which made me feel sick, caused massive headaches and vomitting. Recovery to a point that I could walk comfortabely took 4 months, and a year past by before I could play any sports. But again, I haven't had problems. As a 24 year old, I played basketball and other sports without any issues. Experience: Dr. Hartley is a very gentle doctor with a good sense of humor. I enjoyed my visit and decided to have him do the surgery. I was very nervous the day of the surgery because of my past experience and the pain after the surgery. Before surgery they gave me medication for nasea, after surgery they were so nice to me, and gave me plenty of time to recover. The apple juice after the surgery did wonders for me. Didn't vomit, didn't even feel pain in my knee. It was done right!!! On the way home my mind was ready for the pain to come at any moment, but it didn't. Took my medication and the pain never came. I was talking to family and friends like a normal human being and people couldn't believe it was next day after my surgery. progress has been amazing. This is my 2.5 month mark and I have been to work and go to gym everyday. No impact sports, but I feel like I can :) hehe I went to my old doctor's office for physical therapy and I could tell they were amazed by my progress!! THank you Dr. Hartley!!!! and Commonwealth Orthopaedics facilities and staff are nice but busy!

|  Excellent doctor, well run practice.  |  show details
by nj on Jul 27th, 2009

Dr. Hartley operated on my knee for a torn meniscus, which he repaired and he also performed a complete chrondoplasty - reshaping the inside of the kneecap which had extensive arthritis. This was the 2nd surgeryon the knee and it's now in very good shape. He also treats me for arthritis, bursitis in the hip and tendonitis. He's caring, very clear, the office is well run, organized and responsive.