Dr. Mark Johnson MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Mason City, IA

August 11th, 2014
BEST DOCTOR EVER
Dr. Johnson was my doctor for appx.15 years. But when he switched to seeing only diabetic patients, I had to find another doctor as I did not have diabetes. He is the only doctor I have ever had that would actually hug you. He even called me at home 2 different times, once when I had been in a car accident and once when I had been air lifted to Iowa City with MRSA. He was very concerned about how I was doing. He is an incredibly caring doctor & person. He may sometimes have to show some "tough love" to make sure you receive the best treatment possible, but if you work with him and get through whatever you may not see eye to eye on, believe me, one day, you both will be laughing about it. So don't let the negative comments on here sway you one bit. As for the comment that he was to big for his britches; remember, Dr. Johnson does not need you as his patient, he WANTS you as his patient. And if you are lucky enough to have him as your doctor, well, what can I say except that you are a lucky person!

October 8th, 2013
The Best
Dr Johnson is the best in the state. He may seem 'full of himself ' but he has worked together with our community to fulfill the needs of citizens with endrinecology needs. He is purely devoted with his patients and his community. We are very lucky to have him here.

March 30th, 2012
Receptionist needs an attitude adjustment
The only issue I have with this office is the reception desk. The younger lady is alway kind, nice and willing to help me. The old one has never been kind and always makes me feel like I'm an imposition. She shouldn't be working with patients. She would be best served working with paper and not people. I know several others who don't care for her either and one has not come back to this office because of her.

May 19th, 2011
Outstanding, caring physician
Dr. Johnson is a very caring physican. His office staff is not as nice as they could be, but he is worth the wait.

July 3rd, 2010
Fantastic
I'd went to the same endocrinologist for the past 11 years and wasn't having any luck getting my blood sugars down (I have an insulin pump). Since going to Dr. Johnson and this center my blood sugars and a1c's have NEVER been better. They take the time to help me with my pump questions and are great about calling me to follow up with any changes they had made. I do have one complaint - one of the receptionists is incredibly rude and makes faces when she's on the phone with patients so I can only imagine what she does when I call in with a question or for an appointment.

March 7th, 2010
He has gotten too big for his britches.

June 28th, 2009