Dr. Mark Carney MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Staten Island, NY

• Good
  • Bad

November 2nd, 2015
Dr. Mark Carney is the most friendly doctor I know on Staten Island. He does not have that "know it all" attitude like some doctors portray. He also has the best office staff: very courteous and professional at all times.

April 10th, 2015
Very good experience
Dr. Carney was recommended by my primary care physician. I have been having some hearing issues for some time and didn't want to wait any longer for an examination. The office is top notch. The receptionist's desk was very helpful and courteous. I waited 15 minutes before I saw the doctor. Dr Carney was very friendly and thorough in His examination. The person who performed the hearing test was top notch. After the examine, Dr. Carney went over the results and suggested a course of action to correct the condition. Very satisfied with the whole examination

August 4th, 2014
Disappointed
I thought my misunderstanding/dislike of Dr. Carney was due to my moving here from a different part of the country where kindness and humility are valued traits of physicians. Perhaps it could have been a personality conflict, which happens in life. However, I now know that my gut reaction was guiding me correctly in not returning to his office.The front office staff is fine, but Dr. Carney's arrogance and sarcasm overrides their friendliness.

August 12th, 2013
I agree with the previous review, he is a very condescending person. He also had some type of private joke going with his assistant subsequent to my asking him about the brain MRI he had suggested. The two of them stood across the room and snickered while looking in my direction. He also left the examining room as I was asking questions after taking several in-office exams. I have also seen Dr. Sinnreich, who is a pompous jerk. I have no info on the other Drs. in that office.

March 7th, 2013
The visit wasn't worth my co pay!
I wish I had read the previous review before I made an appointment. Dr Carney was recommended by my Ex- Husband :)The front desk staff was friendly and professional. Dr Carney's assistant Angela was a know it all, who patted herself on the back for working in this office as she stated "for 11 years". Dr Carney had NO bedside manner and never even addressed one of the main reasons for my visit. What he did address, he dismissed as if I were a Hypocondriac. His demeanor was downrite condesending. He was, however, interested in and stated that in the future I could send my annual biopsy reports to him, so he could read them to me. Yeah Right! I also asked if he could write an prescription for an Asthma Inhaler, because mine had expired. You think I asked him for a presciption for Oxycodone or a narcotic!! He said "No, your primary care Dr has to prescribe that, but I will write you a prescription for the ear drops you were already prescribed." I couldn't wait to leave the office. The visit wasn't worth the price of my Co pay! I can't wait to see what he bills my insurance for looking down my throat and in my ears. OH less I forget writing the prescription I already had!

August 10th, 2012
There are better ENT MD's on SI
The office staff was very friendly but I am quite displeased with the bedside manner of this Dr. When I tried to explain my problem, he stated "I already read your chart" and barely listened to me when I insisted to explain in my terms not what the assistant had documented. He rushed through my exam and was not even dressed professionally, he was wearing a button down flannel shirt. He also had a very arrogant attitude...I am unhappy with him since he was highly recommended by a physician friend of mine.

October 28th, 2016