Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  horrible  |  show details
by kathy h on Jul 29th, 2014

This doctor is one of the worst, if not the worst, i have ever seen. Arrogant, rude, no bedside manner at all, took about 10 minutes with me after i sat in the waiting room for about two hours. He was a jerk. the lady that gave me an EKG was a jerk, did not bother covering me, just performed the ekg and said ok, we are done, what the heck. one time visit, will never recommend nor return.

|  A Good Doctor - even if sometimes hurried  |  show details
by Rita B on May 7th, 2014

Dr. Castellaw is a very competent doctor that I have been a patient of for over 10 years. I've had visits where he's been rushed and not able to do more than get to the point and be gone. I've had visits where he was less rushed and was able to take a bit more time being sociable. The thing I always try to remember is that I am NOT his only patient. I'm sure he does the best he can to treat me as his only patient. They've changed the phone system, which helps dramatically because I was leaving had they not. It's easy to get an appointment and I seldom have more than a 10-15 minute wait time before being called back.

|  Communications Consultant  |  show details
by Jackie Nedell on Oct 10th, 2013

It has been many years since I saw Dr. Castellaw but to this day, he remains one of the best doctors I ever had. He is smart, he listens to patients, he has humor and kindness, and he is a great diagnostician.

|  More concerned with running up bill than spending time with patient  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

The guy is in and out of the room so fast, you can't possibly feel comfortable in his diagnosis. He is quick to xray, cat scan and mri and then runs those through a separate practice that he also is a part. I don't care for him, but that's just my experience.

|  You can't even speak with a person to make an appointment!  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

You can't even speak with a person to make an appointment. The automated phone system prompts you to leave your name, date of birth, and get this...the date and time that you would like to make your appointment. DUH!!! How do I know what dates and times are available if I can't speak to anyone???? EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!!! I am finding a new doctor.

Oct 1st, 2011

Dr. Castellaw is a very knowledgeable physician. The problem is he only spends a very small amount of time with his patients, and he always has his nurse with him. You never really feel comfortable in discussing some things openly. He's one of those people you can tell is waiting for you to stop talking so he can. I think he tends to lecture and make unfair judgements from an insufficient base of knowledge or data. And then you're also liable to get a sermon while you're there. If he listened better and spent more one on one time with his patients, he'd be a much better doctor.

Jul 29th, 2011

Didn't spend any time with me and can't look me in the eyes when talking to me. I am very desapointed in his actions and treatment

|  Sad  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

Total time in doctor's office = 1 hr; total time with doctor = 5 minutes or less

Apr 17th, 2011

Saved my life!

|  Uncaring  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

after being a patient of Dr. Castellaw for 6 years off & on, I've had enough of the very RUDE,UNCARING treament I've endured by him & his nurse, whom by the way was on the phone for about an hour trying to get Basketball tickets for him while I was wainting in the patient room fo him to come in to hurriedly try to listen as to why I'm there for being sick. Once he quickly leaves the room, I never see him again, even if I need further assistance, it doesn't matter to him, he's gone. I call every month to get my prescription refilled & afeter calling for 2 days this week & asking if I need to come to get my prescription I've been taking for 5 years, I never get my prescription called in or a call letting me know if I should come in or why I ca't get my prescription. I called 2 days later to tell his office just how I felt about all this & tell them I was alerting EVERYONE I know about this office & was hung up on.....how's that for CARING??????

|  The beliver in God Doctor.  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2010

My doctor, Dr Mark Castellaw, is not only my doctor, he is a friend of mine. I've been his patients for about ten years.I am very thankful i have a doctor like him.Dr Castellaw looks out for my health, and guide me in the right direction,fuss at me if I don't do wrong.He is a true beliver in Jesus

Apr 27th, 2009