Dr. Mark Collins Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mark Collins?

Posted on October 3rd, 2016

Our son was sent by the ER to his facility in Arizona. Although the staff was friendly and pleasant, concerns about his treatment escalated after finding out our son was not evaluated by the Dr until the next day and that was conducted via video chat as Dr Collins was in another state at another of his many facilities/offices in at least two other states. Our insurance was billed an astronomical amount for both the treatment facility and the little video chat. We were told about the inpatient program and that it included a structured schedule with group discussions and other treatment based activities. However, when we visited our son we were shocked to see the majority of the patients in a zombie like haze sleeping or watching TV. Our son commented that they "got to watch a lot of movies." When we asked about the group sessions he said that one of the tech's led a session for about half an hour and then took the smokers outside for a smoke break then went back to the TV. The facility itself was somewhat shabby and tired looking and not particularly clean as one would expect in a hospital, for example several chairs around the two tables with tears in the seats and the walls clearly needed fresh paint, etc. We could go on and on . . . . No, we do not recommend this Dr for anyone's care.

Posted on August 29th, 2016

I have gone to Dr. Collins for about three years and HIGHLY recommend him. I have seen psychiatrists since I was 5 and none have been as great or as caring as him. He listens to your concerns and what you think about meds and knows how to accurately adjust them when needed. I know some of the main concerns were his concern about time. Now sometimes it seems like that but it is only because he has his own practice in California along with being a psychiatrist in multiple places here in Iowa. He has never rushed me if he thinks I need to talk about something though. He makes sure to see me, then bring in my mom and then the like assistant. He always tells me the side effects to watch out for even if I have heard it a thousand times. Sorry for the rambling like I said I highly recommend him.

Concerned Parent

Posted on August 30th, 2015

Dr. Collins works for multiple organizations and facilities in four states. My only encounter with him, while my child was a patient at a local PMIC was unimpressive. This man was more concerned with his own time than he was the concerns that I had regarding my child's stay and outlook on his care. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, as it would seem impossible for him to be invested in the success of his patients given that he is employed in so many different clinics. There are other pediatric psychiatric care doctors available. I'd highly recommend anyone who may be considering having a child see him to do their research. He's not the most awesome doctor ever, and certainly only marginal at best.

My personal experience with Mark Collins

Posted on May 6th, 2014

I would never reccomend this doctor to anyone. He put me on some many pyscotropic medications at one time i nearly died. He also upped my meds so much i had to be admitted to an in-patient facility. Ironically he was the director of it. I stayed there doped up on thorazen for 6 months unitl my insurance ran out. Then i was magically fine. He abused my situation and ruined my childhood. The next doc i saw was a boys and girls town doc who cared about children. He asked me my name and where i was and was astonished that i could sit and speak to him co-hearently. If i could go back i would sue for sure. I dont not reccomend this doctor to anyone. Please dont send your kids through what i went though!!!!

GREAT PERSON, AMAZING DOCTOR

Posted on July 21st, 2013

IN FIRST MEETING DR. COLLINS, WE DID TELE-HEALTH IN IOWA, HE GAVE US A VERY HONEST ASSESSMENT OF OUR NEPHEW, WHOM WE HAD JUST TAKEN IN. HE WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND SUPPORTIVE. HE WORKED WITH US AND SOUGHT OUR INPUT AS WELL AS OUR CHILD'S. HE SETUP A TREATMENT PLAN WITH US AND WITH OUR CHILD. HE GAVE US HIS NUMBER IN CASE WE EVER NEEDED TO GET AHOLD OF HIM, WHICH WE HAVE ON A COUPLE OF OCCASIONS. EVEN WHEN WE CALLED HIM HE WAS AWESOME AND TOOK THE TIME TO UNDERSTAND OUR CONCERNS AND SPEAK WITH THE MEDICAL STAFF ATTENDING OUR NEPHEW. HE HAS NEVER CANCELLED AN APPOINTMENT ON US, IN FACT HE HAS WORKED US IN ON SHORT NOTICE. HE SPENDS ABOUT 30 MINUTES WITH US ABOUT 15-20 WITH OUR CHILD AND 10-15 WITH US TO LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND DISCUSS HIS AND OUR THOUGHTS ABOUT HOW TREATMENT IS GOING. I NEVER WAIT FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES TO SEE HIM. I HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR DR.COLLINS AND WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE TO HIM. HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR WHO TRULY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS, THEIR FAMILIES AND THE SUCCESS OF THEIR CARE!

Couldn't Survive Without Him

Posted on July 1st, 2012

Dr. Collins has been my daughter's doctor for several years. He has always listened and treated her with compassion and respect. He listens to me as her mother, and has even followed up repeatedly at any time day or night to ensure that my daughter receives the proper psychiatric care. Without his sincere compassion for children with mental illness, and his dedication to their well-being, I don't know what we would do.

Posted on February 11th, 2010

Dr.Collins really saved my life;when he saw me at the pschiatric hospital in Henderson(SEVERAL TIMES)he really helped me with my very severe depression)He prescribed great medications&off course had talk therapy with me;it worked GREAT and now I feel MUCH better;he is agreat Dr.and a great person.

THE BEST THERE IS

Posted on June 25th, 2008

I had been down several other avenues to get treatment for my son before finding Dr. Collins. He is a God send! By correctly diagnosing and treating my son, he has made a remarkable difference in not only his life, but the rest of my family as well. I highly recommend him! Thank you Dr. Collins!

Uncommunicative

Posted on June 18th, 2008

Left multiple messages with questions. Never got to meet him face to face as he treated my daughter both in-patient and out-patient. Second phone call was only received from him after we contacted the hospital's patient advocate. In general, our experience was very poor communication during a very difficult and confusing time.

Posted on January 20th, 2017