Plastic and Reconstuctive Surgeon
19 Tyler St
Ste 302
Nashua, NH 03060
603-880-7700
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 3.1944444444444 of 4 stars
 |  Very Happy!  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2014

I went into Dr. Constantian with a deviated septum and a lot of difficulty breathing. When doing my research on who to go with for a surgeon I must admit I was a bit aprehensive after reading some of the reviews on poor grafting jobs. I can honestly say however that I am extremely happy I decided to go with Dr. Constantian. Throughout the entire process he was kind, made me feel well informed and comfortable. My nose looks amazing now and I can breathe better than I could even before I broke my nose!

|  excellent plastic surgeon  |  show details
by Lauren M. on Jan 6th, 2014

Dr Constantion performed skin grafting for repair after a mohs excision for cancer on the bridge of my nose. As a healthcare provider I value honesty, professionalism, expertise and patient- provider teamwork and Dr Constantion fulfilled each criteria. The surgery and healing process went very well. In the future if needed I would return to Dr Constantion for care and I highly recommend him for plastic surgery.

|  Nose job  |  show details
by Anonymous on Nov 11th, 2013

Dr. Constantian is amazing. He is a perfectionist. I went there to correct a nose imperfection and the results were amazing! He made my nose look so much better. I truly recommend Dr. Constantian services. For me it was worth traveling from New York to New Hampshire to get the benefit of his skill and expertise. He is a master surgeon with a gentle touch.

|  Best Rhinoplasty Experience  |  show details
by A. Park on Apr 26th, 2013

I cannot convey how highly I recommend Dr. Constantian, from the moment I met him I knew that he was the right surgeon to perform my rhinoplasty. I had been waiting years and years to have this surgery (despite my only being 22) and this was a very exciting, yet terrifying step to be taking. After all this is my face! He really listened to my concerns and gave me an honest assessment of what he could do for me. Being an obvious rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty specialist, he clearly knew what would give me the best result. A few of the other surgeons I met with seemed to just tell me what I wanted to hear. They would just nonchalantly say “yes we will shave the nose down here, make the tip as small as you want, etcetera, etcetera”. Doctor Constantian told me how he could make my nose the best it could be and made it clear that if he just chopped me up like I thought I wanted, my nose would heal a certain way and become more bulbous at the tip, which I obviously did not want. Doing so many secondary rhinoplasty surgeries to fix the work of others makes Doctor Constantian have a great understanding of what will in fact yield the best results for your situation and I cannot be more appreciative to him. Also, I healed so quickly and without any complications. Needless to say myself, my friends and my family were all amazed. I truly feel that if I had not gone to Doctor Constantian this would not have been the case, that is how good he is. I can also not say enough about his office staff, they were all so kind and just great! Thank you all so much for making this experience so pleasant and just seamless. Please do yourself the favor of meeting with Doctor Constantian and seeing what he can do for you. You will not be disappointed!

Oct 28th, 2012

I have been contemplating nose reconstructive/rhinoplasty surgery for many years.My deciding factor was my initial consulatation with Dr Constantian.I felt well informed and instantly comfortable.When I left the office,I felt in my heart that I had made the best decision.

|  Nasty Nasty Nasty Man  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

Subjecting myself (repeatedly) to such abuse continues to baffle me. Dr. C was cocky, arrogant, unkind and NASTY. There are so many wonderful plastic surgeons out there - do yourself a favor and find one of them.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Disappointing  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

Two years ago in June I foolishly selected Dr. Constanian to perform Primary Rhinoplasty on my 16 year old daughter. Based on at the time recommendation on his website by Dr Jack Sheen and Dr. C's impressive credentials I had confidence my daughter was in experienced hands. Please read carefully all the bad reviews on this doctor, in my opinion the reviews are accurate. The results of my daughter's nose are disappointing! Dr. Constanian put grafts in that look odd, one patient described it best that he makes the nose look like a lumpy sausage. Her radix is unnaturally high, her nose is asymmetrical, half of the nose has a visible bump and the tip graft pokes through the skin giving my daughter the appearance of a rag doll with a sewn on patch at the tip. Dr. C used crushed cartilage on the tip of her nose. I have been told it is risky to correct since tiny pieces of cartilage are more difficult to remove than a thin strip. I paid cash for the procedure since there was no indication she had a breathing issues. Dr. C performed aggressive septoplasty . She now has a large hole in her nose. She has difficulty breathing, her nose runs and she makes a snorting sound when she sleeps. She has a decent profile from one side, but every other view is bad. I don't agree that Dr. C's problem is age, in my opinion he is an unskilled Plastic Surgeon with the inability to create a positive aesthetic look.Considering his many years of experience I believe her results are unacceptable.After surgery I questioned the difficult recovery and the amount of swelling. Dr. Constantian was intimidating, arrogant and rude. The next couple of months showed improvement enough that we tried to stay positive that it was just a very slow healing process. I even sent Dr. C a note and a gift to make up for my unkind remarks. After six month's the tip was not improving so I seeked the advice of a local Plastic Surgeon. He informed us that the grafts would not improve but worsen and she had a noticeable large hole in her nose. A lawyer friend once said "truth is the best defense" In my opinion Dr. Constantian is a bad choice for Primary Rhinoplasty Surgery.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Apr 23rd, 2012

Prior to consulting with Dr. Constantian I had suffered through four major failed rhinoplasties and numerous minor procedures which all fell short in some way. During my initial surgery at a teaching hospital in Philadelphia in 1976 all of the cartilage on the right side of my nose was stripped out of my nose. There were three major surgeries after that in which supramesh and ear cartilage were utilized in an attempt to give structure and form to my nose. When I met Dr. Constantian in 2011 my nose was distorted from every angle and breathing was severely compromised. I knew when I met Dr. Constantian that I was in the presence of someone who possessed knowledge and skill far beyond that of his peers. He is a man of incredible compassion and determination to help his patients, more so than any doctor Ive ever known in any field. When that level of skill, knowledge and compassion are combined, the results are extraordinary. He improved my nose in ways that I never dreamed were possible, in ways that other highly regarded specialists told me could never be accomplished. The reviews of Dr. Constantian are overwhelmingly positive, but when I read some of the negative reviews it frustrates me that someone who desperately needs his help could be dissuaded from going forward based on the content of a negative review. I wish I could show you the photos of me before and after. I wish there was room to outline the detail of the 15 procedures I went through to try to improve my nose before I met Dr. Constantian. I wish you could know and understand what this man did for me...so that you would have the peace of mind and confidence to go forward... to know that, no... you dont have to live with a nose that is distorted or conflicts with your self image...even though everything else for you may have failed...you can trust Dr. Constantian to make it so much better. I will always believe that he was and is the only person on the planet who could have helped me and I will always be grateful to him and to his amazing and kind staff.

|  Everything was great till after the surgery.  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2012

I had surgery with Dr. Mark Constantian a few years back. I was very nervous to meet him for the first time and that caused me to overlook his 'i'm always right' sort of way.After my surgery, the Dr. did not come tell me how everything went, as I was told he would. I did not see the Dr. until a week after my surgery. Also, I was sent home WITHOUT any pain medication prescription and had to endure a day of full pain. We had to locate an on call doctor to prescribe me the medication once I was home. The sad part is I failed to mention any of this to him, mostly because he made me so nervous. I have consulted with another Dr who said this type of medical practice is less than satisfactory. Now years later I am still unhappy with the breathing/nosebleeds/tip and have consulted a different physician who is fixing everything for less than half the price Dr. Constantian charged me. Also, Dr. constantian performs his surgeries in a separate hospital from his office and the fees are a lot higher than his office's estimate.

|  Tagibbins  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2012

I had a nasal operation by the doctor around 2004. The doctor was very kind and took a enough time with me. It is now 2012, and I can breathe very well again, & the improvement in how it looks is also improved. It was great to be able to breathe well again! I do not believe he is a rude, "money-grubbing" physician - costs are simply very expensive these days, and he is not doing charity work in this particular venue. People that gave very negative reviews, I would say are not being reasonable in their expectations.

|  He IS Great!!!!  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2011

This doctor recently fixed a problem that I have had for several years. He is truly without peer in this field. I have read the ratings from someone who is obviously trying to defame him and sounds crazy in my opinion and I have to say that this person in WRONG!! Dr. Constantian is a true professional!!!!!!

|  mr  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2011

Insurance fraud!! Double billing Double diagnostic codes on my bills Go over your statements because they ripped me off!!!!!

|  Miracle Worker  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2011

I Thank God for Dr. Constantian every single day!After 7 very long years of searching for a Dr. with a solution to my Fathers dibilitating pain caused from trigeminial neuralgia we found Dr. Constantian.One appointment, one botox injection, one pain free man? How simple is that? No talk of any very invasive brain surgeries,no heavy pain medication,no 2 hours in a Boston neurologists waiting room in hopes of a solution!Wow,what a MIRACLE! For 7 years my Father has had TN disease, also known as the suicide disease, so many people are unable to endure the horrififc pain they take their lives. Dr.Constantian gives an injection and whammo, the pain is gone!My Fathers has gone from exsisting to living once again, and at 80 years old you can't ask for more than that! Thank you so much to Dr. Constantian for his expertise in a remedy that no other Dr,Specialist,Surgeon,Acupuncturist,Dentist,or Homeopath could! You are NUMBER 1 to our family and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

|  Best Revision Rhinoplasty  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2011

Dr. Constantian is by far the best doctor to fix a rhinoplasty gone bad. He was the only doctor that could fix my breathing and my appearance. He is wonderful and so is his staff.

|  Dr Constantian gave me my life back  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

Had chronic facial pain for 7 years from trigeminial neuraligia.I doctored with all top facilities in Boston,Ma and Southern N.H. to no avail.Four months ago I went to Dr.Constantian for botox treatment and left with no facial pain or discomfort.I went to him a second time for another shot and still have no pain or discomfort. I am still pain free!Now I live vigorously rather than an exsistance.Dr Constantian and his staff are the BEST and he gave me my life back!I am thrilled , staggered beyond words.I couldn't be more ecstatic.Dr Constantian is truly the only answer to my prayers, hopes, and quality if life.

|  ten years as a patient  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

Dr. Constantian has been my doctor for almost ten years. My first visit I was nervous and apprehensive about seeing a plastic surgeon. The doctor was very professional and the nurses were just wonderful. I have had a brow lift and a lower face lift about 5 years apart. My first surgery I was questioning out loud in the hospital should I even be doing this when the nurse taking care of me told me that the nurses at the hospital all vied to be in Dr. Constantian's surgeries...he is that good! I am very happy with my results. I look younger and there is not that "pulled" look. I was back golfing in 10 days with just a touch of consealer and I was treated like a queen at the hospital. He is a wonderful surgeon and I have reccommended many of my friends to him.

|  bewareBeware  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

Beware- I had surgery and did not really want to change the look of my nose but figured ok im going under anyways, so I decided to trust him to also alter my nose. I have the classic Constantian nose!! Did I mention- more money in his pocket?If you do not believe me look at his pictures. I am surprised he did not carve his initials into my nose.. I then had grafts that "moved" he will "fix" this problem for free, but I have to pay anesthesia and hospital fees for his mistake. He is arrogant and too old and his "esthetics" are old school. I wasted my money and now I am searching for a new Dr to Fix my grafts. I am so disappointed and sad about my result. He really needs to retire. He is a money hungry man, and his staff is just trying to "sell" him at this point. Very very disappointed. Good luck to anyone who is thinking of going to him. I would reconsider a younger more up to date surgeon.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that this patient, whom I remember, has decided to write a defamatory and untrue review. All of us who treat difficult surgical problems realize that we as surgeons do not control every aspect of the healing or the problems and damage that the patient brings to us. I am very candid in my appraisal and provide every patient an individualized, written explanation of my detailed plan as well as the chances of needing a second operation--in many badly damaged cases as much as 30-40%. Despite my experience and best effort, imperfections to occur postoperatively. Unfortunately some patients cannot accept this fact despite the preoperative warnings and despite my offers to correct them, and go on the attack.

Jul 15th, 2011

Dr Constantian performed a rhinoplasty surgery for me and my results are excellent. He is extremely professional and spent a great deal of time consulting with me and I had the utmost confidence in him. His staff are warm and accomodating especially as I had to travel a long distance to see Dr Constantian. He was certainly worth the effort and I couldn't be happier with my experience.

|  A Surgeon You Can Trust  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2011

Dr. Constantian is a true perfectionist based on my recent experience with septoplasty/rhinoplasty surgery. He was my only choice of surgeon for my nose surgery, based on numerous professional references but more importantly based on years of history when I trusted him to care for my son's injury - a facial skin graft when he was 12 year's old. Dr. C and his staff have always been in my experiences over the last 10 years...knowledgeable, dedicated and compassionate.

|  Don't go here!  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2011

Don't go here for rhinoplasty! I had the grafts placed in by him with catastrophic results. Actually, words can't describe how bad the experience was. There is no bedside manner. The staff is not nice and not helpful at all. If you value yourself and value your money, then go somewhere else!!

Doctor's Response

It is interesting how the same staff and the same surgeon can elicit such differing responses. No surgeon controls all aspects of the healing, nor the deformities that the patient brings with him or her. We know this patient well. We are honest with all patients because unless they know how hard their problems are and what the chances for a second operation may be, they cannot make an informed decision to have surgery. Despite that effort, some patients cannot understand an imperfection and go on the attack to harm the surgeon's reputation. That is why they sign, "Anonymous."

May 31st, 2011

I believe that Dr.Constantian is truly gifted. He takes the time to listen to his patients and really understand what they are looking for. The idea of beauty and perfection varies from person to person, so just because a certain type of nose may look perfect to a doctor, it does't mean that it will look perfect to a patient and that the patient will be happy. And Dr.Constantian understands this; he takes in ethnicity and other factors into consideration, keeping realistic goals in mind. I went to Dr.Constantian for a rhinoplasty revision because the first doctor I had gone to had filed too much of my nose. I had asked him to file it very slightly because I had a bump on my upper bridge, but he made it too low. I was miserable for over a year and realised that I actually missed my bump and my original 'look' and wished I had never done anything. I was fortunate enough to find Dr.Constantian. He looked at my original photographs and tried to make it as close to that as possible, and succeeded. Now it seems like it had never been touched in the first place! And the best thing is that Dr.Constantian believes that it should look as natural as possible, so that it doesn't seem like the patient has 'gotten work done.' I'm so happy, and I couldn't thank him enough! I recommend him 100%, EVERYONE should go to him! And I also want to mention that his office staff is amazing; they are all extremely helpful and caring.

|  Best in Town and then some......  |  show details
May 29th, 2011

I am a healthcare professional and known of Dr. C and his amazing reputation for years. When I had a growth near my R eye that required removal, he was my first choice. I find him knowledgeable, talented and a gifted surgeon with a bit of a dry wit. Now I see Kristi, his esthetician, for my overall skin care and Dr. C for a little bit of an assist with nature. We sat, talked and discussed options. I never felt rushed. He talked with me and not at me. The final decision was mine and it was informed. I never leave that office without a smile on my face or having a good laugh with his staff. I guess if you are looking for big fish lips and your facial skin pulled so tight that you look like you have just come out of a wind tunnel, then you are in the wrong place and will be unhappy. If you want a natural and appropriate look for your age group, then this is the place to go. AFC 5/29/11

|  beware  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

I wish I had read this, and to my suprise many other forums about this surgeon. I had a waiting time of over an hour to be seen and then felt like I was buying a car not a "fix for my breathing problem". From my first call to the office I felt like they wanted my money, not to help me.I felt like a number there and sadly not a person with a sensitive issue. DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN!

Doctor's Response

This criticism is fortunately very unusual for my practice. We do spend considerable time with new patients--an hour in person with me alone. My schedule ordinarily runs on time unless there are emergencies. Every patient receives an honest evaluation and a written description from me of every surgical detail hat is planned. I cannot account for this patient's reaction, but we take criticism seriously.

|  Amazing Dr  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

Breast reconstruction after mascectomy is not easy. Without Dr. C's caring bedside manner and encourgament I may not have even survived, as I had a 10% chance to live. NOw 18 yrs later I am being "rebuilt" due to an accident and his staff welcomed me back with warm caring open arms. He is so kind and caring, all Dr's should be as caring and capable with their patients. At 62, I am "sexy" again. It feels GREAT!!

May 24th, 2011

Dr. Constantian's eye for precision and detail for the patients best over all result is amazing. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

May 23rd, 2011

A special thanks to Dr. Mark B. Constantian, his surgical staff and his office staff without whom I would not have had the necessary surgery to correct my facial disfigurement. His surgical skills and his people skills are the Best of the Best. I am very blessed to have found Dr. Constantian.Nancy A. Dube

|  GREEDY & SELF-ABSORBED  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

My experience was terrible & regret giving my money to this man. I was referred to him b/c of his good reputation but I would say he is way past his prime and is a cocky money-hungry jerk.My overall impressions:- He will suck you in at first with a long consult answering all of your questions and making you feel confident that you will get the results you want. He will seem nice and talented. But Beware!- He does not use computer imaging and so he does not have to commit to what he will deliver. He will write it down in his words with warning that it may not be like that.- Look at the pictures on his site and in his office - they look terrible! He tries to make all of the nose tips look the same which is why I refused - despite his strong encouragement - to let him touch my tip.- He is very motivated by money. He billed part of my surgery to insurance, and part directly to me, which he is not allowed to do! Mine was caused by an accident so though I told him that my insurance would cover it, he said he knows best and he separated the charges. He also at first lowered my expectations on how much it would cost and then THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SURGERY had his staff call me to tell me that they need to charge me additional ~$2,000 because they had overlooked something. I couldn't believe it. When I said it was their error, they rudely replied basically not their problem and if I could not pay the money, I can postpone the surgery until I had it saved. They knew I was under time pressure b/c was going to get married in 3 months so I didnt really have a choice but to pay up; beside there would be a penalty fee to postpone.- His staff is also terrible at following up (unless they want money from you). After my first consult I said I was interested, and they said they'd call me to schedule surgery. But they didnt for a while, so when I called they were like "oh didnt realize you want to go through with it" and did not book me until months out despite the time pressure I was under given my wedding. They also didn't call to schedule a 6 month or 1 year checkup as they said they would.- The results are not at all what he promised. He left my nose asymmetrical with a bump on one side. I am really upset given how much money this cost me, and that it was a first surgery which he said was fairly easy. He just used too much grafts so it is wide and bumpy. The only positives are that it looks mostly straight from the front & b/c he used the closed technique you can't tell I had a nose job.- He is self-righteous and rude! When I asked genuine questions about the results and if the bump I was seeing was going to be permanent and heal that way or if it was swelling, he got super defensive bordering on angry. He kept repeating and almost shouting "look at what else I've done for you - at least your breathing is good." I couldn't believe it.I should have listened to the reviews, but was too far the path to surgery when I read them. I would definitely NOT recommend him to anyone. Run and get another doctor!

Doctor's Response

We remember this patient and all of us in the office are sorry that the patient is so upset. I do hope that this patient will contact us so that we can clarify issues that we have not made clear before. Insurance and payment issues can be complex and confusing and very upsetting to patients, who are already burdened by the emotion and stress of surgery. Though it may seem fair to a patient that a service should be insurance-covered, it is often not covered, and it is unfortunately up to us to deliver the disappointing news. We cannot change a patient's nasal shape and bill this change to insurance. That is fraud. If a patient were to make last minute cosmetic requests that complicate and lengthen the surgery, the fees must be adjusted. The patient always has the choice of proceeding with the original plan. However, some patients want all services to be insurance-covered and defame the surgeon when these services are not covered.

|  I wont be returning  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2011

Going to another doctor.

|  Disrespectful & Downright rude!  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2011

I had such high hopes for Dr. Constantian. My local plastic surgeon referred me to him and although it was an over 4 hour ride I figured it was well worth it considering the glowing terms used to describe him. Now I think my nose is a vast improvement I was never treated so disrespectfully in my life..by anyone! He yelled and screamed at me because I didn't follow his instructions to the T. It was only because I was having difficulty eating. I tried to explain this and was told to "Shut Up!" I was even denied pain meds as a means of punishment for not following directions in the hopes of "teaching me a lesson!" I ended up in the E.R a few days later because the pain from the rib culture was just too much for me to bare. He never even called me once from the operation on to find out how I was doing. Thats never happened to me before. I'm actually still waiting for that call. He's definitely got a combination god/napoleon complex..yet still a gifted surgeon. regardless, I doubt I'd ever subject myself to such treatment again.

Doctor's Response

We know this patient well. Patients are all unique individuals. They arrive at the surgeon's office not only with deformities of varying difficulties, but different backgrounds and personalities--just as the surgeon does. An office like mine, dedicated to a population of patients that has already been disappointed by prior surgeries, does its best to support and relieve the stresses of patients going through additional reconstructions. Obviously we are not always successful. Even when the result is successful, as this patients states, the patient may be unhappy. Special circumstances imposed by a patient often require us to alter our care pattern. We hope that she will return for followup. We take our patient care seriously.

|  beware  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2010

My opinion only: The most unprofessional, belligerent human being I've ever met. The fact that he was my doctor makes this even more astounding. He actually screamed at me in the office (!!!) and did not stand by his written promises. His workmanship is shoddy and completely overblown in his own mind. He also seems very money-driven. At the time of the initial consult, he said my procedure might need a second touch-up if it didn't go well, which would cost "a fraction of the price" of the original surgery. Naturally, it didn't go well and indeed required more work, and his idea of a fraction of the cost was over 1/2 of the original -- and in both cases I am referring only to his fee. I think in common parlance, "a fraction" of something does not imply over a half, but something quite a bit smaller. He just seemed to be a greedy, dishonest, past-his-prime surgeon who butchers people and often makes them look worse than they did when they first saw him. Take a look at his before and afters on his website to see what I mean -- and that is his best work! I advise anyone I care about to stay the heck away from this guy and go to someone with taste, dignity, manners, and more up-to-date techniques.

Doctor's Response

We remember this patient well, and expended extraordinary effort to help and extremely difficult reconstructive problem. Thus it is too bad when any patient decides to defame the surgeon and write dishonestly. Complicated problems can require more than one surgery to repair. I always give all patients a written description of the planned surgery as well as the likelihood of a second stage. Despite that information and our best surgical efforts, some patients become furious and assume lack of care on the surgeon's part. I have often written and taught that rhinoplasty is brain surgery. The physical and cosmetic effects of rhinoplasty are one thing, but the psychological impact is something else entirely, and can make patients happy or unhappy. If I have come across as difficult, that is certainly unintended and I sincerely apologize. All of us in the office take criticisms seriously and we try to learn from them.

|  Brilliant Surgeon  |  show details
by Ryan Patterson on Feb 9th, 2010

This doctor is brilliant and kind. He fixed my breathing after another doctor messed me up on a previous operation. It also looks as close to perfect as I could have ever expected. He is a hero in my book!

|  Rhinoplasty patient  |  show details
by A.Taylor on Sep 8th, 2009

This Doctor was excellent!!!!