Dr. Mark Brown MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

October 29th, 2015
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE
Discrimination this Doctor should not be working for the U health now that I read the other Review I am not the only Patient that this Doctor has done the same this waiting time almost 3 hour examination time 2 minutes he did not see my MRI or my ER visit report he say you have nothing and you are over weight 45 lb I'm diabetic my baby twin have now 2 years old I became diabetic when I was pregnant I also have thyroid problems I am 5.5 I was 140 before the twins in my pregnancy was very complicated and I was 240 lb after the delivery I was 200 lb then I when up again 240 lb my back and my knees are having problems I was able to loose some weight 169 but then since so many health problems I am now 185 I have 5 kids life is full of stress but them wait almost 3 hour so this doctor tell me stop taking naproxen and all of my pain medication and loose weigh he say I'll be right back let me se the MRI and the he never comes back for a visit of 2 minutes o because when he say to me you don't have anything I say back to him I have a herniate disc and many other condition in my lumbar spine he say I only do surgery and I say I am no coming here for surgery he say I will send you sport medicine doctor I'll be back""""" I am still waiting """" and then he put in my paper to stop smoking when he ask me if I did smoke I say I did not smoke I think he is using some """"" or he was memory problems instructions send by th doctor with the nurse in a paper AAvoid massage, traction manipulation and stretching of back avoid arching your back lose 45 lbs over the next year stop the naproxen and ibuprofen it is elevating my blood pressure It is the 1 time in hospital visit as I do remember that my blood pressure was elevated also my pulse maybe because I had drink coffee or maybe I was inpatient for waiting so many hour I had not eating I came to the front desk 2:40 pm my app was at 3 pm I was see by the Doctor around 5:15pm the Nurse came back 5:20pm I did a complain about my visit at 5:25 pm I let the hospital 5:30 pm in pain hurt and in shock this doctor IS HORRIBLE

October 14th, 2015
Great Doctor!
I had read from previous reviews all sort of things and I absolutely disagree with them. He is the nicest doctor! He has an accurate diagnose and inspite of being a surgeon, he'll ask you to try all sort of options before even thinking about surgery. When I went to see him the first time, I could barely walk. Three weeks later, after following his insttuctions, I feel 98% better. Thank you Dr Brown!

June 24th, 2015
very knowledgeable and experienced, although he may seem intimidating given his experience and educational degrees, he knows what he's doing and does a very professional job. He even took some time to get to know me a little bit. I feel confident that I was getting very adequate care

April 22nd, 2015
Avoid this doctor!
Do not see this doctor!!! After waiting over 2 hours to be seen... he spent 5 minutes with me and gave me a bogus treatment plan for my back pain. He never looked at my MRI or any of the doctors notes from previous doctors. Was very rude to my husband and I, didn't listen, and was extremely condescending! Didn't even examine me. Don't waste your time with this guy! Avoid at all costs!

February 19th, 2015
WAITED TWO HOURS
The WORSE doctor I have ever seen! Keeps you waiting for TWO hours and then takes phone calls in the middle of your apt. Very bad bedside manners! Does not smile, is not friendly, and is groomed POORLY!!!

December 17th, 2014
Dissapointment
He spent only about 5 min with me and I felt totally dismissed. He barely explained anuthing. He makes you feel as if he doesn't care. I am highly disappointed that I was treated in such a way. I didnt appreciate his lack of manners. He was rude and inconsiderate. I chose another surgeon instead.

May 15th, 2013
Best Ever!
Dr. Brown handled my back surgery back in 2002- I injured my back at work and when going for pre-ops with another surgeon found out I was pregnant. No one would touch me at that point because I was pregnant and wanted me to terminate the pregnancy. I went through 10 doctors until I finally found one that would treat me. I met Dr Brown when at 36 weeks pregnant my disc blew out the other side and I was paralyzed. They arranged for an emergency c-section, delivered my daughter, turned me over and did my back surgery all in the same surgery. Later that day I was walking(with the help of a walker) and two days later I was released to go home. All with no pain management, that was the best part for me. Had it not been for Dr. Brown, his amazing staff and the support of the hospital, my daughter would not be here and I would not have had a full recovery. We have referred about six family and friends to Dr. Brown. Some he has done surgery on if absolutely necessary. Several people we referred were told by other surgeons they had to have surgery, Dr. Brown told them absolutely not. Others that we referred did have surgery and one even had corrective surgery from another surgeon who fused the wrong disc. Dr. Brown removed the fusion and repaired the correct disc, they were able to return to work and live virtually pain free now. If you are contemplating surgery please consult with Dr. Brown, you won't be sorry and don't forget to pick up his book, it has saved quite a few from having to have surgery. He is very compassionate, wonderful bedside manner and I owe my health and ability to walk to this talented surgeon. Truly a diamond amongst all the slice and dice surgeons out there. My sincerest and heartfelt gratitude to Dr. Mark Brown, his staff and his lovely family. Can you tell I'm a fan? :-)

April 18th, 2012
Worth waiting for.....
Dr. Mark Brown is very knowledgable, thorough and straight forward. He eased my mind and told me exactly what I needed in order to feel better on the road to recovery. He took the time to answer all of my questions and explain to me the cause and affects of what I was feeling. If you can wait to get an appointment to meet with the Dr. Brown, you won't be disappointed, you will certainly be in good hands.

September 28th, 2010
The operation was not good because I am much worse after the second operation. I am in pain and I stoop badly. His solution for me was to use a walker. I did not need this second operation to become worse. The idea was for me to be better. He has a good reputation he should have known that he could not handle scoliosis and spinal stenosis. I curse the day that I heard of him. I know I am an old woman , but I have no other problems , I would have had good remaining years of life.