Mark D Carlson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 26th, 2016
The best OBGYN in town!
I started going to the OBGYN at the age of 15 after having my period for a whole year! I had the same female OBGYN for 5 years. Once I moved to Nebraska it was time to find a new OBGYN. I was hesitant to go to a male OBGYN so I tried a female and she was horrible, after my checkup she told me “here is a pad; you have sensitive vagina walls, so you might bleed a little for a few days”. I decided to find another OBGYN and Dr. Carlson was the one with the soonest opening. I was afraid and hesitant because I did not know what to expect. When I went to Dr. Carlson for the first time (around 2011 or 2012) he looked “nerdy” and he smiled big at me when we met (he had braces at the time). I felt immediately comfortable! He has a picture of his family in his room which made me feel even more comfortable. He always listens to my concerns and he takes time to talk about my life and my future. Even though we are close in age, I feel like he is like a father or an older brother who cares sincerely for his patients. Doing checkups is a very personal thing to do, so feeling so comfortable with Dr. Carlson just makes the visit go smoothly and painless. I wish more physicians were like him. We need more physicians that care and are willing to go the extra mile for their patients. I don’t feel like I am just “one more patient” or “a number” or simply “a client that brings money”. I would recommend Dr. Carlson to anyone who needs a OBGYN that cares sincerely about their patients.

March 16th, 2016
The best.
He immediately made me feel like we were friends. I was so comfortable to talk to him about my life, after all he was helping me get my babies out! He knew how to make me feel better when I wanted to scream at everyone in my delivery room because of my pain. He was very respectful and courteous during every visit. He showed deepest concern and empathy when I had a miscarriage. I had 1 pregnancy delivered by a different doctor and I felt like I didn't know anything, the rest of my pregnancies were with Dr Carlson and it was eye opening learning so much from the start of my second pregnancy! Only thing I didn't like was having a student break my water because it was painful, when he broke my water (or stripped my membrane for better term) it didn't hurt. I am sure he didn't have control over that though! Best doctor ever!

July 24th, 2015
Great Doctor!!!!
Awesome Doctor! Awesome experience over the last 5 years. When I needed to pick an OB doctor when I became pregnant, I didn't even think twice about using Dr. Carlson. He was wonderful. Great in the delivery room. Made me feel very comfortable throughout my whole pregnancy and delivery. I would highly recommend him.

April 6th, 2014
Great doctor!
Love this doctor! He makes you feel relaxed by his laid back personality. He will give you his honest opinion and an accurate diagnosis. Would most definitely recommend him for OBGYN services.

April 24th, 2012
The best there is...
I'm not to sure why two people out of these reviews had a bad experience with him, but I will tell you... He's the bomb!!! I would recommend him to anyone! He's extremely intelligent, very personable, caring, and passionate at his work. I'm a mother of four, had my last two with him, I was truly blessed to have found him! He is truly the best their is in Omaha!!!

April 19th, 2011
BEST DR. EVER
Dr Carlson delivered my 3rd child, he is wonderful, caring, knowledgeable, and an overall great Dr. He is honest, and kind even when his diagnosis, treatment and prognosis is not what we were hoping. I WOULD recommend Dr Carlson to anyone. Even now for my annual he remembers details that makes one feel like "I" was his only patient.

January 14th, 2011
The -worst- Doctor in Nebraska!! AVOID DR MARK CARLSON AT ALL COSTS! DO NOT SEET
Worst experience of my life seeing this horrible doctor. He is completely and utterly uneducated, ignoble, impudent, inconsiderate, insolent and insulting. I feel so sorry for anyone who has any contact with him professionally or personally. It is my most ardent prayer that someone considering using him reads this and reconsiders.

December 29th, 2010
Candice
Wait time varies but it is not like you can always predict what is going to happen with a pregnant woman and how long he might need with her so I am not going to hold it agianst him. Once in the room he is focused on you and what is happening in your life and very personable. I used to go to whoever. I will wait to see him now even as he continues to build his client base.

December 20th, 2010
Dr. Carlson was excellent with my pregnancy and delivery. He was very cautious and treated me like I was the only patient he had when he was with me. Once in the hospital, he was the best cheerleader! He wanted the perfect and safest outcome, not what was easiest or quickest. I would recommend him over and over to anyone having a baby.

December 13th, 2010
Wonderful Caring Doctor!!!

July 26th, 2010
Would not recommend
Dismissive.Was told my symptoms were "psychosomatic" and "you are capable of doing more than you think you can."Blamed my pelvic pain on depression. A year later I was diagnosed by a specialist with Interstitial Cystitis, a painful bladder disease.

July 3rd, 2010
Knowledgable, caring. Recommended Dr. Carlson to very close family members and friends.