Psychiatrist, Addiction Medicine Specialist, Adolescent Specialist

2.5

Anxiety Patients Stay Away! show details Anxiety Patients Stay Away!
by TS on Sep 21st, 2013

I agree with the reviewer above who said Dr. Greeen is probably good as an addiction treater. Unfortunately, he is NOT a good treater for non-addicts. He does not believe in PRN's; in one situation multiple doctors who saw me at the ER were horrified someone with chronic anxiety attacks did not have a PRN, and actually tried to get in touch with him an extra time because they didn't believe me. Also probably because he's an addiction doctor, his attitude towards benzoes is even more troubling. Obviously benzoes have many many bad sides to them, but they DO serve a purpose, so to refuse nearly entirely to use them ...again, for a patient whose chief complaint was debilitating anxiety and had a history of having been on them without abuse for many years ...was almost cruel. I felt the closest to well I had in months when I took the Xanax the ER docs prescribed me, until my next appointment with Dr. Green whereupon he D/C'ed them, saying, he "doesn't like to use benzodiazepines." In conclusion, Dr. Green is a mixed bag. He can be great for some things, is very compassionate, and is really smart ...but if your problems at all center around anxiety FIND SOMEONE ELSE. I learned the hard way.

Lovely doctor; awful psychopharm show details Lovely doctor; awful psychopharm
Jul 30th, 2013

Dr. Green is extremely bright and seems compassionate and caring - for the most part, his bedside manner is excellent. I have been seeing psychiatrists for nearly twenty years, and both the rest of my treatment team and I had really high hopes when I started seeing him; it was pretty devastating when I ultimately had to walk away, mentally ranking him among the worst doctors I'd had - certainly the one who caused the most damage. Talking to him can be very comforting, and if he weren't so prohibitively expensive, I might recommend him as a psychoanalyst. Unfortunately, when it came to the psychopharm component of my treatment, Dr. Green was more than a dismal failure. He was at times extremely reckless, leading to my having suffering medical complications on more than two occasions; he also repeatedly refused to acknowledge that any of my emerging symptoms might beside-effects or otherwise due to changes he had made, even when the PDR, other specialists of mine, and some of the drugs' own websites made it crystal clear that my problems were actually common reactions to have - a doctor who won't take responsibility for his actions is a dangerous thing; aside from cutting existing medications, he only seemed comfortable making small tweaks and addressing minor issues, and essentially tried his hardest to find someone else to take the reins any time I went into crisis; by far the worst thing about Dr. Green, though, was that he didn't seem to know how to treat a patient who DIDN'T suffer from addiction. I have a suspicion he is an excellent doctor in that field and his manner seems like it would be very helpful to people suffering from addiction, but for other psychiatric conditions, especially complex dual diagnoses cases - and I actually hate to say this because he was nothing but kind to me - I would steer clear of Dr. Green.

by e.z. coakley on Jan 2nd, 2010

Fantastic, bright and very caring doctor.Doesn't hesitate to reach out and help patient. Very intuitive, uses his experience fearlessly. He is above all extremely compassionate, and clear thinking.