A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Johnson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Johnson, Neurosurgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Johnson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Johnson Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Johnson, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Image Guided Surgery
- Metastatic Cancer
- Muscle Pain (Intermittent Claudication)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Johnson graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Johnson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Children's Hospital
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark D Johnson MD and PHD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 16 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Mark D. Johnson practice?
- Dr. Mark Johnson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Mark Johnson practices Neurological Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Londonderry, NH.
See Boston Surgeons.