Dr. Mark Neuman Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mark Neuman?

Posted on July 11th, 2017

Worthless as a psychiatrist! On my first visit, he asked me what meds I should be on !?!

Never Again

Posted on October 18th, 2016

I started seeing Dr. Neuman in June. He was very cold, off-putting, condescending, and frankly sexist. I was severely depressed and suicidal, and I felt like my experiences were invalidated as if he wanted me to jump the bridge. He was also reckless and kept pushing me to take all of these medications without bothering to warn me of side effects and limitations of each med, because it paid him good to do so. I only went to him to have 1 prescription refilled. Every refill we needed, we had to pay to go see him first. He was always interested in the money, not the patient. I've been battling chronic health issues on top of depression. This month my physical health collapsed with several neurological problems and extreme muscle tension in my neck and jaw; I was nearing an ER visit. My parents went to beg him to put me on a muscle relaxant or valium, and the staff said it would be filled. 2 weeks went by and nothing happened. I finally get a reply that he will not fill the prescription, unless of course I pay him to come see him again. So, then and there for the final time, I decided that he did not care about my pain, or that I could be hospitalized and maimed for life. I no longer see this physican. And for obvious reasons, I do not recommend him to anyone. Please find someone instead who actually cares for you as a human being.

This and that

Posted on January 13th, 2016

I have been with Dr. Neuman for 16 years--his whole career! I have treatment-resistant depression and he has been willing to prescribe combinations of drugs and I have even had ECT --which trashed my memory. But I do not blame him--I asked for these modalities. However, after my desperation has become worse I am searching for a new MD. It's true that he yawns during appointments and although I wouldn't say "cold hearted" I would agree that he is not overly sympathetic; he does seem very thrilled when I am on the up side, and I suppose, like me, he is getting tired of all this..I have not noticed him flirting with the receptionists; however, he does not apologize when he is late and just doesn't seem very smart, either professionally or academically. But he was there when I first needed him and I have to appreciate that,

Posted on March 26th, 2015

He has botched 3 prescriptions he has given me. He acts like he doesn't care. All he does is listen to your side of the story and reviews medicines. I need someone closer to where I live.

Arrogant and rude

Posted on February 6th, 2015

He was an hour late and all he does is flirt with the receptionist! When he finally saw me he was condescending and rude. I would never go back to him again.

Ms.

Posted on January 27th, 2014

Who r these people that write the awful reviews? I would suppose that they r those never satisfied, as I have been seeing this particular doctor for years now, and I do not have any complaints. He spends time with me, talking, counseling, and often go over my allotted time. He is courteous, concerned, and I have a great deal of respect for this man, as he has put my world in order and applauded and supported me all the way. He is kind, caring, and someone I depend upon to help me with issues I may have, had and will have. He fits my personality perfectly.

He is what the reviews say he is..

Posted on February 11th, 2013

I've been going to him for three years. (crazy I know) Because I don't want to go through the sludge of getting another doctor. As far as meds, I'm on quite a few but feel like I'm finally stable. He chats with the receptionist alll the time, as I watch my appointment time tick by. He's very cold hearted, and moody himself. Also, he never seems to know where anything is.. my chart, what perscritpions he wrote last, ect. Don't go to him, get out while you can. :)

Worse then I thought

Posted on April 25th, 2012

I left Dr. Neuman because I was uncomfortable about the lack of information he was giving me and that he seemed like a pill pusher. I got a new psychiatrist and came to find out that Neuman had me on a lethal dose of my medication. I am now weaning off to be on a safer level and I am thankful that nothing happened to me.

Posted on January 27th, 2012

I have never worked with a more unethical immoral Dr before and I have worked with many. He put me and my unborn baby at risk by telling me to get off my meds cold turkey ( which the withdrawals alone could harm the unborn baby ) and put me on a brand new drug that no one has heard of. It is so new that they don't have enough evidence on what effects it has on the fetus. When I called my OBGYN ans the Pregnancy Hotline they were disturbed by the ignorance of Neuman and shocked that he would have me go through withdrawals and get on a new drug that no one has heard of yet. Also, he is the only Dr. that does not show up for his own appointments. I waited an hour one morning for him because he slept in. No apologies. I usually wait 30 minutes for him and watch him take his sweet time joking with the receptionists. I would not recommend this man to anyone. He is only out for money and will do anything to make a buck whether it puts you in harms way or not. Right now my OBGYN is prescribing me until I find a decent psychiatrist.

Posted on September 8th, 2010

I would definitely not recommend this physician. I spent 10 minutes in his office and he was playing with his cell phone my entire visit. I didn't feel like he listened to me and wasted my $150. My mother sees him as well and I feel he just hands out medication. He is well aware that she is addicted to one of her medications and instead of fixing the situation he continues to just write the prescription for it. I don't feel like he cares for his patients and we are just more money in his pocket and another presccription to sign.

Good MD, not great counselor

Posted on September 3rd, 2010

I think he is a REALLY good physician for medication. He has really helped me get to a good place with my meds (I was diagnosed Bipolar II).However, Dr. Neuman is NOT a fabulous counselor; I would HIGHLY recommend going the psychologist route for that and using Dr. Neuman for meds (if you need them).

Proceed with caution

Posted on June 30th, 2009

For the past three months, I have had to wait several days to have my prescription (Lamictal) refilled, though I have filed my refill requests with my pharmacy (Walgreens) 3-7 days in advance of running out of pills. Each time, Dr. Neuman and/or his office had been the responsible party for the delay, and each time I have had to go without the medication HE PRESCRIBED for more than 24 hours while I waited.The delay: a receptionist at his office told me today that "he's just not very good at getting to those faxes." These aren't multivitamins he's prescribing. Isn't this a basic requirement of a physician, to authorize prescription refills on time when those meds are needed daily?