Dr. W Dean MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 4th, 2015
Maniquinn
I saw him related to depression and anxiety. He was okay. His cohort was better, Webb, I think. He gave me Remeron. Weight gain and sleepiness all of the time. He got me some counseling, but I felt like a maniquinn.

July 14th, 2011
I dont understand last review
IT sounds like the last reviewer was more angry than objective. I feel that Dr. Dean is a good doctor. I really don't agree with his philosophy of psychiatry, but he has been better than the other doctors that I have seen. He is a strong proponent of psychoanalysis which makes his demeanor a little off-putting, but if you understand his practice, you will get a lot more out of him. He seems un-engaged, but that is part of his practice. He has corrected a previous diagnosis for me, by analyzing my answers and now I am a lot better. I would recommend him, for people that want to work with a "clinical" doctor, not a touchy feelgood doctor. Someone wanting to help and to solve, not prolong treatment.

August 6th, 2010
Uncompassionate Care
This is the worst psychiatrist I have ever worked with. His demeanor since day one was very uncaring and even uninterested. He initilly prescribed a string of tranqualizers which were completely ineffective. I finally started researching medications and offered a suggestion. Turns out I was correct, and the medication has worked well for several years. My last appointment was the most upsetting therapy experience in my life. Throughout the whole appointment he only wanted to talk about how I was going to pay him. He was unsympathetic and he upset me so much that I started sobbing uncontrollably. He did nothing to try to soothe my pain, he only kept asking about the money he was owed. I cried all the way out of the office. The other staff continued to talk only about my payment arrangements as they took the large check I wrote out to pay my bill. I go to therapy to help me with my problems, not to make my problems worse.

March 6th, 2017