Dr. Mark Dias MD Patient Reviews

January 20th, 2017
What can I say about Dr. Dias? A host of things, I shall continue... The year was 1995 and I was 16yrs. old. As a rule I usually have the utmost respect for the medical profession, I lost all faith in that statement some 22 years ago. I was diagnosed at the age of 3mo. with hydrocephalus, a condition which restricts cerebral spinal fluid. I have had over 22 shunt revisions for hydrocephalus and Dr. Mark Dias screwed up my life. I have had nearly 40 shunt revisions for hydrocephalus and it is because of him that I will never work a day in my life. I lost my life back in on October 12 of 1995 and I continue to hold the utmost disdain for this man. If you should happen to see this man I highly recommend that you run the other way and seek out professional help, your brain will thank you.
I do not have anything good to say of this man except to say do not send any loved ones to him, you can thank me later.

January 20th, 2017

November 14th, 2013
Dr. Dias cares about Dr. Dias!!!! No one else!!!

August 14th, 2012
Phenomenal work of excellence
If any one would ask me Dr. Dias is SO highly recommended Doctor in my book NO questions asked... I respect him as a Doctor & also a man. He is a life saver to so many kids... he made my sons life possible, without him my son wouldn't be here. He is reassuring, but doesn't sugar coat any situation.. When my son needed surgery last time, i remember saying "ARE YOU SURE DR DIAS IS GOING TO BE THE ONE DOING THE SURGERY? I DONT WANT ANYONE ELSE DOING IT!" AND then Dr Dias came to my room to go over the waiver & all the things you gotta sign & let me know what to expect, i was so worried but when they rolled my son back behind the operating room doors although my heart melted, i felt like he was safe because he was in good hands... i would recommend him to any one ! He is an amazing doctor & deserves so much credit for all the young lives he has saved ! I will always talk highly of him, & even my 5 year old talks highly of him. He has never met my LARGE family & trust me they all know he is amazing !

June 2nd, 2012
Dr. Dias treated my son who has hydrocephalus for a few years before leaving Buffalo. I highly recommend him. He treats you as if you're the only patient he has all day, and makes sure all your questions are answered. We really miss him in Buffalo NY.

October 26th, 2010
Dr. Dias saved my son's life! Plain and simple. My son was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis at 9 months. He was treated by other doctors and survived but was not recovering properly. Dr. Dias swooped in like a gift from God, and didn't give up until he figured out why my son wasn't getting better. Two weeks before my son's first birthday Dr. Dias performed a delicate surgery to remove a dermal sinus tract, a dermoid, and to untether his spinal cord. Today, my son is healthy and well, with no ill effects from the meningitis. I thank God for Mark Dias every day. I love and appreciate him so much I got his initials and the Penn State paw print (prominent on my son's pj's at the hospital) tattooed on my leg. :)

October 21st, 2010
Performed Unnecessary Surgery causing permanant brain injury
4 years ago he performed an unauthorized EVT on my child who was 20 at the time... it caused PERMANANT Memory loss as well as a host of additional problems... we have found a great surgeon now and curse this doctor every day.

October 13th, 2010
Saved my life! Great mentor too.

August 24th, 2010
Wrong about diagnosis.

February 18th, 2009
Richard Denesha, CPA
My daughter is almost 15. Dr. Dias implanted my daughter's first shunt almost 15 years ago. He also released a tethered spinal cord. My daughter was a fragile, frailing infant before her shunt. She is in a regualr high school program and hopes to be able to work at the same Chidlren's Hospital in Buffalo New York hwere Dr. Dias practiced before going to PA.

March 2nd, 2008
Dr. Dias is one of the best. Although the waiting room times can be a little on the lengthy side, he certainly takes his time with the patient. I would much rather have a doctor that takes his time and runs late than one that pushes you in and out the door. Dr. Dias really takes his time with his patients and listens to any of their complaints and takes the time to explain, in terms the parents and child can understand, what his diagnosis is. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs to take their child to a neurosurgeon.