Overall Review

4.7

January 14th, 2014
patients' daughter
Dr. Doughty was a medical gift to this area of Maine. He reminded me of the country doctor of long ago who treated each patient as a special case. He took his time with you, was compassionate, caring and professional. Too many doctors make you feel like they're in a rush to get you in and out like at the deli where you pick a number. Not him though. He helped our family through some difficult times with great patience and devotion. We had great confidence in him and hope he can be our doctor again. He was such an asset to BHMH and will be to any practice.

January 13th, 2014
Everything a family doctor should be and more
As a healthcare professional, I am very selective about who will care for my family. He is exceptional with patients throughout the lifespan. Without a doubt, I cannot think of anyone more knowledgeable, caring, kind, and professional than Dr. Doughty. The highest level of care is delivered through a trusting relationship that is only found with a handful of providers, and his is truly a model for others to follow.

Great Doctor~
Dr. Doughty is a great doctor. I felt at ease with him right off the bat and felt like he genuinely cared about me as a person and a patient. His professionalism is phenomenal, he was always willing to spend time with me to discuss concerns without making me feel like a hypochondriac and I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor in the area!

Former Patient
Mark Doughty was a fabulous doctor, just right for our family! I am very sad that he is no longer available to serve as our family doc. but am glad to know that he is still out there practicing medicine and making positive changes in the medical world!

Best doctor ever!
Dr. Doughty is the best, most compassionate doctor I have ever had. He takes the time to truly listen to you and gives a very well thought out diagnosis, along with an explanation as to why he chose certain medication or treatment and what your options are. I felt like I was included in my own treatment and that my thoughts and opinions are valued. I would recommend him to anyone.

Excellent family doctor
Dr. Doughty is a superb physician! He took the time to get to know my family and my sons both were very comfortable with him. He listened to them and treated them with respect and understanding. He is quite knowledgeable and always seemed to find the answers other doctors previously had missed. He came to our town and became a household name. He is by far the one of the best doctors we have had in our area.

Outstanding doctor
After two and half years of fine medical visits, conversations, and treatments, there is established a sense of real confidence and trust.I'm of an age advanced enough to have dealt with many people in the medical profession, and would rate Dr. Doughty among the very best in my experience. I hope to able to continue this good relationship.

January 5th, 2014
My family and I were patients of Dr. Doughty's in Stafford, VA. He was always very concerned about our physical health as well as our understanding of health conditions. He was proactive about seeing that we were well informed and took the time to answer any questions we had. He followed up quickly and thoroughly whenever a question could not be answered at the appointment. He had a good rapport with my children who always felt comfortable interacting with him. We miss his practice here in Virginia.

January 4th, 2014
Review of Dr. Doughty
My family went to Dr Doughty for over 10 years while he was in Stafford, VA. He is an excellent doctor and we miss his practice. We were always able to make an appointment and see him on short notice. I highly recommend him.

January 3rd, 2014
Very professional and excellent care
My family had the pleasure of using Dr. Mark Doughty for several years. He is very caring and professional. My family found Dr. Doughty to be very knowledgeable and caring. He goes above and beyond and takes time to explain things regarding medical care.