Dr. Mark Anderson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 18th, 2016
Best neurosurgeon in OC
My wife and I both had cervical fusion surgeries in the past with DR Anderson. most recently I had anothef cervical fusion that the doctor said we'd have to do sometime later. It's been 11 yrs later and I wouldn't have anybody else do this surgery. People say that Dr Andetson doesn't have a good bed side manner. We think he's mellowed through the years but that's not what's important. All we care about is that he has the best hands to perform this surgeries and we trust his knowledge and expertise. We recommend him to anyone!

January 5th, 2016
Did spinal fusion on my back.Did a great job.Thanks again Dr.Anderson

November 9th, 2013
decompressive lumbar laminectomy
Dr Anderson is straight forward and an extraordinary Neurosurgeon. He's a genius - if you want a someone to give you your life back, he's the guy. I love his staff - Kate is awesome. I have no idea where some of these negative posts are coming from, unless you're a baby and need coddling - he's a Neurosurgeon not a babysitter. If you need stroking, call your Mommy. If you want to be cured of pain, call Dr Anderson. They are professional and don't tolerant nonsense from the hospital or its staff.

November 8th, 2013
TUMOR THORASIC SPINE
I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT DR. ANDERSON WAS HONEST AND STRAIGHT FORWARD WITH ME ABOUT MY DIAGNOSIS AND OFFERED THAT THE ONLY OPTION WAS TO HAVE CYBER KNIFE TREATMENT AND IT SAVED MY LIFE I AM VERY THANKFUL TO DR, ANDERSON I WOULD DEFINITELY REFER ANY OF MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS IF THEY WOULD NEED TO SEE AN EXCELENT NEURSURGEON.

May 21st, 2013
Lumbar Laminectomy 2011
Went to see a few Dr's for my spinal issues which were bulging disc with severe right leg pain. I was unable to stand, sit, and walk without severe pain. Decided DR Anderson was the doctor for me. It has been the best decison i could of made. Had my l4/L5 lumbar laminectore my pain has gone away. He gave me my life back. He might not be the most compasionate Dr around but he sure does know what he is doing. Thank you Dr Anderson!!! Hope you dont ever retire...LOL

April 9th, 2013
owner auto body and paint -restoration of classics
I have had 2 serious accidents that required a surgeon . ihave had many more surgeries as well . Dr. Anderson did a fantastic job on my surgery without any after effects . Since then I have sent seveal ,more than 20, patients to him and all were impressed . Also he does not allow the insurance to tell you how its goingto be ,he tells them .Very tough in that regards . Serious guy but I thank the Good Lord for this guy . In my industry neck and back surgery is a no return policy . i returned and have been doing fine . recently I was hit by a drunk driver and I need him again for a renjury and I know he will take care of it.I found this survey while looking for his number . i am a return patient and send my family to him as well .

March 16th, 2013
Very abrupt and not compassionate
Met Dr Anderson while researching surgeons for my back issues. He was extremely abrupt and showed no sign of compassion. His attitude was pure arrogance. I would not recommend him to anyone.

November 28th, 2012
AMAZING!!!!!!
He pretty much saved my life in my opinion!!!! He is brilliant and an amazing surgeon.

November 9th, 2012
Do not visit
I saw Mark for back pain. i have a bulging disc in my lower back that causes extreme pain down both legs, at times hits 10 on the pain scale. which he dismissed as a false diganois. he needs prints, they dont know how to use computers at the office. As soon as he learned i smoke he had his diagnosis, cigarettes are causing my pain. i didn't tell him the pain has been there five years prior to smoking because he was convinced and i knew i would be going elsewhere. bedside manner couldnt be worse. having an obese person tell you stopping smoking will save seven years of your life when you're in the office for extreme pain that has nothing to do with smoking is pathetic. the 20 years mark would save from learing a proper diet was something i didnt feel he needed to hear or would be able to understand. if you do visit mark do not let him know you smoke. he is also very afraid of cell phones. very strange person.

October 16th, 2012
Best and Trusted
I had a fracture to my spine in 2004. There was a chance that I would be paralyzed from my waist down. Due to his skills, I was able to eventually walk again. The hospital staff highly recommended him saying that if they had to have a doctor operate on their spine they would choose him.As time passed, I've often wanted to tell him "Thank You".Thank you Dr. Anderson

April 16th, 2012
Wished every Doctor/ Surgeon would be as great
Dr. Anderson performed surgery on my spine, and did an outstanding job.

April 3rd, 2012
Brilliant man
I had complete confidence in his ability to diagnose and treat.