A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Carlson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carlson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carlson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Carlson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Carlson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Osf Saint Anthony Medical Center
- Saint Anthony Medical Center O.S.F.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Edwin Carlson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Mark E. Carlson practice?
- Dr. Mark Carlson has 1 office location.
Dr. Mark Carlson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Rockford, IL.
See Rockford Orthopedic Surgeons.