A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Carlson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Carlson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Carlson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Osf Saint Anthony Medical Center
- Saint Anthony Medical Center O.S.F.
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carlson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 11 plans
- Humana - 16 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mark E. Carlson practice?
Dr. Mark Carlson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Rockford, IL.
See Rockford Orthopedic Surgeons.